CT 20 turbo

Quiyetstorm007

Fresh Recruit
i have a Ct 20 turbo to put on my engine. i'd like to know if it is a good mod. and what modifications i have to do to the downpipe etc.

G6Turbo

Member +
down pipe wil fit fine with the correct manifold. What kind of CT20 is it? There are diffent one's out there......maybe some pics of it? And u wil need some kind of fuel management maybe for high boost some 330cc injectors and the oil lines are maybe different

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
high boost? i doubt it .. its a toyota turbo .. they dont really like over 18psi..

well fuel management is a bonus but not a necessity.. ud be amazed how many ppl here run big turbos with around 18~20psi on a fcd/regulator setup lol..

so u need manifold, downpipe, oil & water lines + re route intercooler piping (from turbo to intercooler).. possibly 330cc injectors but not 100% sure ull need them.. the ct20 has a pretty boring flow map.. expect lag similar to a t3..

kon

Timmy

Member +
TBH it's too much work for a shite upgrade from what i hear. Hybrids and td04's work out to a similar price.

Timmy

Member +
I would have thought only with full blown anti lag you will get it spool that soon. Thats why hardly anyone runs a stock ct20 in any trim. Few people run ct12's as a cheap upgrade but that requires less work i think.

G6Turbo

Member +
alright fair enough Kon :D

I got a CT20 and i make 151 whp and 219 NM torque, @ 0,8 bar so i dont think its a shite upgrade. Mine is a combination of a CT9 with a CT20, dont know what boost it can run but it is said around 1,4 bar (dont believe it btw)

It a little more work but i think not bad non the less

Ow and boost comes in same as the ct9 with minimal lag

Timmy

Member +
151whp i would say isn't great, torques not to bad tho. But it's not a massive gain over a ct9 which would see similar probably better figures at 1bar with next to no lag. If you were to do it all again would you not go for a td04 or a hybrid instead?

G6Turbo

Member +
u got a good point there mate, deffo would go for a TD04 or a K24 of some sort.

But i like to be different and i am going too see what this thing wil do at 1,1 bar maybe it wil improve but i wil see

tom_hunt

Member +
u got a good point there mate, deffo would go for a TD04 or a K24 of some sort.

But i like to be different and i am going too see what this thing wil do at 1,1 bar maybe it wil improve but i wil see

If I remember right my Hybrid CT20/CT9 is the same as yours. I made
215.4bhp(atf) at 1bar with other mods to help. I will admit its got a fair bit of lag on mine but its on full boost in no time but you no when it kicks in :) Good upgrade in my eyes.

Tom

G6Turbo

Member +
yes i believe it is indeed, my manifold is very restrictive in my eyes so i gues with my new mani i can get a better figure on 1.1 bar i hope to see good gains

Ur hybrid is a very nice example of the CT20