Ct12a

PsychO

Member +
hay guyz.. is it worth it to go for ct12a .. as one of my frnd will be upgrading his supraTT so his turbos will be available.. is it worthey to do any efforts for it.. as i have heard that these are bolt on for a CT9 setup....

Thanks

ChrisGT

Member +
The CT12 from a Supra isn't bolt on asfaik. The exhaust housing won't mate up to a 4E mani/downpipe. A guy on here took the exhaust side of a CT9 and mated it with the intake side of a C12A. Think it worked well for him...forget his name though. Do a search.

PsychO

Member +
it means he combined two turbos and made 1 .. intake side of ct12 and exhaust side of ct9.. is that what u saing...

PsychO

Member +
i think the intake side is the same as ct9 so it will be Bolton to my standard mani... but i will be porting it for sure to get rid of the restriction in the 3rd runner

but still what you guys say .. is it worthy to do all this.. will it be bringing out some good results....

bucketep91

Member +
its not the same u will need a new mani. for all the money u would spend getting a new mani and decat and then having the turbo built and balanced ued have been better off buying a a ct9 hybrid or possibly a second hand tdo4 kit

ChrisGT

Member +
Did you look at that thread? A CT12 will not bolt to a CT9 manifold or mate up to a CT9 downpipe. It also has a flanged intake so you will need to make something up to get a filter on it.

Its only going to worthwhile doing if you can get a CT12 for cheap and have a CT9 sitting around. You then dissemble them, get someone to port out the CT9 exhaust side to fit the CT12 exhaust wheel, and then get it balanced.

GT_Irl

Member +
Could you not get some sort of adaptor plate made up for the exhaust side? Fabricating something for the inlet side would not hard imo but space could be an issue.

J25GTi

Lifer
Could you not get some sort of adaptor plate made up for the exhaust side? Fabricating something for the inlet side would not hard imo but space could be an issue.

By the time he has done all that though it wouldnt really be worth the effort for all that work!

GT_Irl

Member +
By the time he has done all that though it wouldnt really be worth the effort for all that work!

Ya, I suppose! But if hes getting the tubby for free he'd have funds/time for it. I guess your right, I just like to see something different than the norm!:)

J25GTi

Lifer
Ya, I suppose! But if hes getting the tubby for free he'd have funds/time for it. I guess your right, I just like to see something different than the norm!:)

Definatley cant fault that, i like different too, I think he should make the hybrid like the other guy as it seemed to give good results!

RGM1800

Member +
go get one! got one installed in my car. good for low boost application. not as good as td04 but spools better than tdo4. and holds boost better than ct9