Ct12b (1kz)

Hello, i found a CT12b Turbo from a 1kz, any feedback for the specific turbo ?

Also there was a Ct20b , can you guys please point me which one should i go for ?
i m leaning towards the ct12b , so any feedback would be good ?

nexia201

Member +
Hello, i found a CT12b Turbo from a 1kz, any feedback for the specific turbo ?

Also there was a Ct20b , can you guys please point me which one should i go for ?
i m leaning towards the ct12b , so any feedback would be good ?

if you do a site search for ct12 im sure you will find your answer but if i remember well the ct12b is like one of the smaller T3 turbos and its quite good , dont know about the ct20 tough

Last edited:
Thank you brother , i did used the search function , and found that quite some people are using the ct12b from the 1jz supra , but no one mentioned using the ct12b from the 1kz engine !

or both the ct12b variants are same ?

Timmy

Member +
If your on a budget you shouldn't be looking at changeing turbo.
There is no real upgrade in the the "CT" range. Toyota chose the ct9 because it was the best turbo in their range for the job. I think hardcore ep played round with some ct12's made about 5bhp more and lost a bundle of drivability for it.
A td04 is a budget upgrade or a hybrid.

hmm 1 more thing ,
There were alot of TD04`s around , should i look for a specific TD04 Model ...or just pick anyone up which my mechanic asks me to ?

1 more thing , i know that the td04L is the best turbo for 4e ,
But i couldnt find it in the lot . But there were alot of TD04`s , one was even smaller in size then the ct12b ...
Should i pick just any td04 up ??

guys any final word on this ??
I am gonna pick up the ct12b from a 1kz (3.0 diesel eninge ) m my ct9 is f*cked up and gave up....

Will it be having the high end power ??? i m not looking at some insane power goals ..but 170-180 bhp would make me happy ..

nexia201

Member +
guys any final word on this ??
I am gonna pick up the ct12b from a 1kz (3.0 diesel eninge ) m my ct9 is f*cked up and gave up....

Will it be having the high end power ??? i m not looking at some insane power goals ..but 170-180 bhp would make me happy ..

170-180 i would recommend you still run a ct9 and will have power immediately in my opinion i know its not good at very high speed but accelleration is way better with the ct9!

Thank you for the kind reply ...
but i changed my mind at the 11th hr ...and bought a TD04HL-15t from a Saab ...
my mechanic advised me to go with this turbo ...

Any opinions on this ??? anyone using this ?

Monkfish

Member +
From my understanding, the small gains you get with a CT12 don't warrant the fuckery that is involved with getting it to fit as CT9/12's aren't interchangeable. For the effort you go to, you may as well go CT20 or the proven TD04 route.