ct20 turbo? info please?

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
lo! i wouldnt say that mate, if you had a mani and downpipe to fit aswell as supporting mods its easily capable of 300bhp, so not sure where you got that info.

Yes but for the gains you'd achieve you'd be better off with the likes of a td04. The spoolup on the ct20 on a 4efte is not good at all, you'd be lucky to get full boost before 4k.

Tanz

Lifer
lo! i wouldnt say that mate, if you had a mani and downpipe to fit aswell as supporting mods its easily capable of 300bhp, so not sure where you got that info.

i wouldnt knock the turbo just in my opinion i think it would take alot of work to get the lag down for the power gain....but if your getting it for nothing and want to have something different im all for it....

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
Nothing wrong with being different ha ha, just giving advice. if i was one of the "sheep" (joking) i'd have a TD04 strapped onto my car. I have different ideas going on though

i wouldnt mind havin sumtin different, and these turbos are off of a 2.4 landcruiser???
would the lag be just too much|? would a td04 be a better piece of kit when done?
im gettin a custom manifold with it
what bhp would i be expecting with one of them?

AdDaMan

Member +
i wouldnt mind havin sumtin different, and these turbos are off of a 2.4 landcruiser???
would the lag be just too much|? would a td04 be a better piece of kit when done?
im gettin a custom manifold with it
what bhp would i be expecting with one of them?

you dont want the one of a landcruiser they are different. You need the one from a 3sgte so mr2 turbo,celica gt4, caldina etc etc

Nick@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.TuningD
As above.... you want the Celica GT4 (ST205) MR2 Turbo (rev3) variant.... its good for more power than a TD04... but would be some fiddling about to get it to fit.

FYI with breathing mods and 1.1bar on a 3sgte your looking at the 300bhp region. As for a 4e...? who knows....

If your up for being different, try it! :)

Cheers

Mike Jones
Tuning Developments Ltd

it doesnt sound great coming from a landcruiser, like i couldnt imagine a landcruiser turbo creating much power?
would it still be good? if it would be ebtter then the td04 id consider it, but im gettin a td05 from a 03 sti impreza for 140 euros which i think is a deal? my father is a metal fabricator so he could do any custoomising with manifolds or whatever, i was thinkin of doin that!? the ct20 is comin with a cutom made manifold and all for 500 euro??? thats very dear is it???? copnsidering what it is? and would i need to be forged to run that?
if i was to use a td05 froma impreza what would i need also?

Rory

Lifer
I run one of the very first WEPR hybrids a few years back, ct20 / ct9 variant with diffirent trims etc.
Off the tyop of my head, on a fresh engine rebuild (800miles) @0.9 bar it made 196hp/165lbft. Ithen run it at 1.1 bar it there a notable diffirence in the way it run. :) I still have it yet in the garage!!
Was a bit laggier than the TD04, but it did pull pretty well when on song.
Was a bit like driving a race kart, have to keep it on the boil or its pants :haha:

Need any more info you can PM me and ill try to answer any Q's you may have.