CT9 mani/TD04L adaptor fit

Status
Not open for further replies.

weeJohn

Lifer
CT9 mani/TD04L adaptor kit

For sale:

This kit includes an adaptor plate that bolts to the CT9 manifold and allows a TD04L turbo (Subaru Imprezza turbo and WRX turbo) to be bolted on. It also includes an actuator relocation plate to reposition the actuator once the turbo has been rotated, a plate to bolt onto the turbine outlet to weld the exhaust to, a braided oil line with banjo ends to suit the stock oil line and turbo banjo bolts, all bolts needed for the adaptor plate and actuator.

Item Condition:

Brand new custom made.

Price and price conditions:

£150 plus postage

Extra Info:

This kit is very suitable to someone who has bought a good CT9 free flow manifold and wants to go TD04, without the added cost of a new manifold.
I would not recommend using this with the stock manifold, it would not be up to it I believe. Jay is currently testing this kit with a stock mani, running low boost (0.4 bar) on the Trackstar, so far with no problems, but the test is not conclusive yet. If you want to try it out yourself it is up to you.

I have been using this type of adaptor on my car for 2 years with no problems, running about 220 bhp using a Boost manifold. Ted ran this kit on his GT, making 200bhp, both cars have been through trackdays with no problems.

The actuator sits out in front so a smaller rad will be needed for clearance.

All plates are made from mild steel and coated with "very high temperature enamel" paint.

No water lines are included in the kit, I have ran with and without lines with no noticeable difference to performance.

You will need to get your exhaust modified to fit the kit exhaust plate, locally we have had it done for between £30 and £50 from Powerflow agents.

The oil line is a perfect length and the banjo ends are clocked to suit the banjo bolt angles.

Pictures:

This is what you get.
Adaptorkit.jpg

Here is a pic of the kit bolted together before fitting.
Adaptorkittogether.jpg

Here is a pic of the kit fitted.
Adaptorkitfitted.jpg

Contact Details:

U2U please.

N. Ireland

Delivery & Conditions of Delivery:

£10 to anywhere in the uk, contact me for other areas please. Collection is free and possible, U2U for details.

Last edited:
VERY nice kit....and this guy is very professional in his dealing.....QUALITY stuff here

for those with custom ct9 manis wanting to go td04l....this is one of the ways....proven to be reliable

in relation to the water lines....i also know some other people that have run without water lines....for a LONG time with no problems are ill effects on the tdo4l subaru turbo----if fact, its still in good condition

PS- with a little adjustment it might even work with a/c in place...this will be confirmed later

spartacus

Member +
that kit looks awesome!! great job! this would work great with the jam manifold i just got my grubby little hands on. whats the chances of getting more made? i will need this around june time...?

weeJohn

Lifer
that kit looks awesome!! great job! this would work great with the jam manifold i just got my grubby little hands on. whats the chances of getting more made? i will need this around june time...?

If its the CT9 Jam manifold it will fit it no problems, but I dont know if I will be doing this in June or not mate.

I plan to make a few more this week sometime.

John

starbogt

Member +
i want this kit can i still use a CT9 decat on this?

if you made an adapter flange for the new turbo and your old downpipe then maybe but there's no way of knowing if they line up with the new turbo or not until its all mounted

weeJohn

Lifer
This one is sold, I have made another couple if anyone who was asking earlier is still interested, contact me again please.

G6Turbo

Member +
how thick is the adaptor plate mate? And did u have too retap the thread in the OEM mani for the bolts too fit or are they the same tread? If so what Tread is it then?

weeJohn

Lifer
how thick is the adaptor plate mate? And did u have too retap the thread in the OEM mani for the bolts too fit or are they the same tread? If so what Tread is it then?

If you buy one mate you will find out.

I have spent a lot of time on research and design on these. This is the mark 3 model. Mark 1 was ok, mark 2 failed and now I have a proven (on several cars) working kit.

Forgive me for not giving up all the information I have amassed doing this, so as I do myself out of a sale!

G6Turbo

Member +
haha understand it mate ;), i was just wondering if this adaptor plate would fit my self made manifold :)

Thanks anyway :D

Forgive me for not giving up all the information I have amassed doing this, so as I do myself out of a sale!

i agree with u 100%....intellectual property rights, copy rights, patented

and we have numerous reports of them working well ...under race and everyday conditions.....

now come on guys...buy up :p........expecially those with aftermarket ct9 manifolds.....u would be plesantly surprised:)

Status
Not open for further replies.