CT9 off a Lucida?

i tried one of those....it will need some adjusting to get it to fit up in the correct position (on both the turbine and compressor side)......plus u will either have to custom make the piping form compressor or change the compressor housing to your existing one

also, i think its off a diesel engine....so u can expect a little smoking for the first few KMs, after that it should clear up

if u are not too clued on rotating turbo (or any of your friends/tuners/mechanics), then might be best u leave it alone, otherwise u can get it and do the adjustments

fur

Member +
What do you mean by that mate?

the compressor housing outlet usually carries the glange to bolt to the stock up pipe when the ct9 is for a starlet application, this one just has the regular ~2 inch pipe coming out, no bolt pattern

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
What do you mean by that mate?

on a Starlet CT9 the compressor housing outlet to intercooler has a stud pattern so you can bolt the hotside intercooler pipe to it, the lucida one doesn't have this stud pattern, with just an outlet pipe.

ChrisGT

Member +
Be good to rotate it downwards completely, join it up with some FMIC pipework and get an actuator bracket made up (or would you need to?? Its got 4 holes!)

stuart

Member +
i tried one of those....it will need some adjusting to get it to fit up in the correct position (on both the turbine and compressor side)......plus u will either have to custom make the piping form compressor or change the compressor housing to your existing one

also, i think its off a diesel engine....so u can expect a little smoking for the first few KMs, after that it should clear up

if u are not too clued on rotating turbo (or any of your friends/tuners/mechanics), then might be best u leave it alone, otherwise u can get it and do the adjustments

Going to find out and have a go now. :)

dac69er

Super Moderator
its cheaper than buying a ct9 off a starlet and more likely to be in good conditioon. the one i have as a spare has no cracking on the wastegate at all.

munday

Member +
its cheaper than buying a ct9 off a starlet and more likely to be in good conditioon. the one i have as a spare has no cracking on the wastegate at all.

Diesels are on boost a lot more than petrol turbo engines, so its likely had a harder life :)

dac69er

Super Moderator
Diesels are on boost a lot more than petrol turbo engines, so its likely had a harder life :)

like i said. the condition of mine was great. 80k miles and the wastegate was spot on, no play in bearings and no oil leaking.

the two units i saw the internals of were in good condition...i guess on the diesels, although they are on boost often, the drivers tend not to turn up the boost like how many car owners would tend to:haha::haha:.........so these units probably run stock boost levels (which on these diesel vehicles is rather low iirc--5-7 psi) most of thier life so far

but that's just generally speaking....there are always exceptions to the rule...lol

munday

Member +
Yeah the low boost must help prolong the life. Would be great if they were same fitment but oh well