ct9 or td04??

M1cky

Fresh Recruit
hiya guys im stuck in a bit of a dilema, im not sure whether to stick with a ct9 and map it on a greddy emanage blue or td04 on a greddy emanage blue.... ive cracked my sps mani and had it welded but its started to blow again, so its time to buy another manifold but which,,, ct9 again or td04?? i do alot of miles and trackdays and use it as my daily so i need reliability... what sort of power would i be looking at with a nicely mapped ct9 as its already 159bhp any imput to help me decide would be massivly appreciated =)

rwdrev

Member +
go td04, you will love it. i use mine as a daily, and it is still usable, great little weapon, noway would i ever go back to ct9

GTwayne

Member +
I would say TD04, but if your not interested in numbers and like the way the ct9 performs on track, one of the hybrids might be an option.

rwdrev

Member +
i have gone the "cheap" route for just now with fuel cut and rrfpr. i made 163 bhp at fly at 0.9 bar.

quick spec-

fmic
filter relocation
irradium heat 7 plugs
exedy stage2 clutch
sard rrfpr
walbro 255 pump
blitz nurr exhaust
trd lsd 'box

since then i have put on-

magnecore leads 8mm
tial 38mm wastegate
and 1.1 bar spring

to go on it still-

emamage ultimate

i havent had it back on the rollers yet since the last couple mods, but its quick :D

rwdrev

Member +
depends on the health of your engine as most people will tell you. i am running 1.1 bar on standard internals and touch wood, its still going ok, but you can drive them steady and not even tough boost. going bigger turbo isnt a cheap option, but its worth it, i have only put a spec of what engine parts it has on it, but you need to also make sure the chassis is set up to take the power aswell, and also have good brakes.

M1cky

Fresh Recruit
im fully aware of all the chassis mods... already sorted that, basically its a low mileage engine that i fell across, ive stripped it and rebuild it with new bearings and gaskets its on roughly 35,000 miles from new =) its gets well looked after(warmed up and cooled down properly) but it does get driven hard at times.

mork

Member +
I thought it was wise to have forged internals when going TD04? How long before you can't help but turn the boost up and listen when the engine goes bang?? Would be a shame on such a low mileage engine.

matt walters

Member +
Go td04 you'll never look back. as long as your engines healthy and you do regular services it'll be fine.

I found mine more economical on the motorway as it wasn't boosting all the time at lower revs