CT9 Turbo Brace

Idrees

Banned
Has anybody made a brace to support the turbo to the engine block? Pics would be useful.

Looking for ways to prevent my manifold cracking.

Aidan-G

Member +
bugger,there was a guy who made some homemade brackets for his ct9 and they were excellent:cool:

i wouldnt even know where to begin searching:confused:

L

lukey5e

something like these
th_images-1.jpg
th_imagesw.jpg

L

lukey5e

never realy seen the turbo to block lad,decat kind of took the load

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisGT

Member +
Was it Dane that had a whole bunch of support brackets for his turbo? It was someone with a big turbo, I can remember the pics but can't find them!

Idrees

Banned
Montana get searching :p

I have my downpipe braced in two places but I reckon a couple of braces for the turbo could do no harm and just give me peace of mind. :)

ChrisGT

Member +
Montana get searching :p

I have my downpipe braced in two places but I reckon a couple of braces for the turbo could do no harm and just give me peace of mind. :)

I'm trying to remember, don't even know where to start looking! The braces looked well made; think they were metal rods with blue ends? Blah, I can't remember! :(

Pav

Member +
You're right Chris (Montana), Dane had a ton of custom brackets on his Top mount TD-05 kit. I cant remember if he had them made or if they were part of the kit from Malta!

Either way, I think you'll need to make some custom brackets Idrees. That would keep things even more stable as the decat is already braced!

Idrees

Banned
Enright, that looks like just what I was after. I think I'll need to get one welded up then.

Pav yeah I'm trying to get it as stable as possible! I've ordered Powerflex engine mounts as well, kinda scared of them though!