Ct9 turbo????

rossco91

Fresh Recruit
hi guys bought a glanza last week it had a new recon ct9 turbo on it, when a drove it home the turbo shat it's self, the lad i bought it off sed he had it set up but im not sure he did as wen the car started boosting the engine managment light came on 4 a split second, it has two turbo smart valves plumed in 1 on fuel cut side and ther other on the vac side they hav bypassed the high and low boost. i have just bought another ct9 turbo and need some help i want to set it up so it doesnt blow the turbo again because im sure it was over boosting can any1 help??? i dont know enough about the glanza yet lol cheers

turbo head

Munster Area Rep.
Ya mate the engin managenent light indicates you hit fuel cut now correct me if im wrong but i think there is two fuel cuts a minor one which justs throws up the engin light and a major one which cuts fuel for a split second.
if you just want it set up to run safely id would recomend to remove the turbo smart fuel cut defender and i an persuming the one on the vacume lines is a boost controler and i would run it off the standard accuator until you learn more about glanzas and want to turn up the boost to to have it set up right so it wont blow your engin never mind turbo
Hope that helps ya im sure some more experienced members wll help you out more

rossco91

Fresh Recruit
Ya mate the engin managenent light indicates you hit fuel cut now correct me if im wrong but i think there is two fuel cuts a minor one which justs throws up the engin light and a major one which cuts fuel for a split second.
if you just want it set up to run safely id would recomend to remove the turbo smart fuel cut defender and i an persuming the one on the vacume lines is a boost controler and i would run it off the standard accuator until you learn more about glanzas and want to turn up the boost to to have it set up right so it wont blow your engin never mind turbo
Hope that helps ya im sure some more experienced members wll help you out more
thanx mate think thats wat im gonna do is run it on the standard boost, cheers