CT9 vs CT12 on a stock 4EFTE for 1/8 and 1/4

SpreeGT

Fresh Recruit
Hi

I'm thinking of replacing my CT9 to CT12. I am still using stock internals 4EFTE. Would this help on a 1/8 and 1/4 mile? If so, is it a direct bolt on or does this need a lot of work?

Thanks

GTEP82

Member +
you wud need a different manifold n dwn pipe, also beta cooling lik fmic n sum management to get the fueling set up right, depends wot boost you was thinking of running for internals there gud for about 250bhp max but depends on how old the car is n how luk after

drew-turbo

Member +
you wud need a different manifold n dwn pipe, also beta cooling lik fmic n sum management to get the fueling set up right, depends wot boost you was thinking of running for internals there gud for about 250bhp max but depends on how old the car is n how luk after

well some guys run over 300whp stock internals but its not advisable

GTEP82

Member +
well some guys run over 300whp stock internals but its not advisable

am not getting into this debate of how much bhp can be run on stock internals :freddy: people that run 300whp av about 1k worth of boost if it boosted lik a ct9 the engine wud detonate, i wudnt risk it, forge it for big power

finx

Member +
ct12 is a direct bolt on to the 4efte if you are using one from a ep71.
other ct12s such as supra or hilux use the same flanges but the pressure outlet pipe differs and some have slightly different oil feed/return port flanges.

its not going to gain you two tenths of stuff all. the best of the lot is the ct9b from the glanza, but the gains are minimal at best.
if your determined to keep the ct9 use the ct9b or a hybrid, but the way i see it is if your going to spend the cash on a hybrid, aftermarket manifold and down pipe etc you might as well go to a td04l or t2 or t3 turbo as they will far outperform the hybrid.

so long as the a/f mixtures are correct and tuned and you dont run to much engine timing there is no reason to go forged internals unless you are chasing massive power figures.

for info on ct9/12 turbo drag times check here http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47521

Last edited: