cts again

morpheus

Member +
Hi jisy a quick one...if u have ur engine on and remove the coolamt temp sensot plug...should the fan kick in instantly..

morpheus

Member +
Good news then...the thing is that am running. rich on idle but my fan works ok...loads of people are telling me its my cts thats faulty...i did a test and am getting a constant 13.5v..only when when the fan kicks in i get milli volts..i guess thr sensor is bad..how come my fan is workimg ok..?i really need ur help on this..also i remooved the sensor put it in hot water and the resistance dont vary at all

Last edited by a moderator:

dac69er

Super Moderator
if the cts resistance doesnt change with temperature then it does sound like its knackered.

the fan has a fan switch sensor which is the single wire plug at the back of where the thermostat housing is. when the car is running, unplug it and the fan will come on.

the cts is a 2 wire green plug on a GT and i think a 3 wire grey plug on a glanza.

morpheus

Member +
Ummmm....are u sure about the cts have a double wire...anyone plz cofirm...any pics of the cts..mine is a single wire one

morpheus

Member +
Sorted...i was testing the wrong switch which was the fan switch..the cts is under the distributor ,its a 2 wire switch with a green connector and its working fine..i have 4.5 v on it and when the engine heats up the voltage decreases..thks a lot..now must figure why ecu is fuelling tich on idle

dark_knight

Member +
i stand to be corrected but i think it depends on your platform. the glanza breed like mine have a 3-wire CTS (for the dash) -- as you can see from here when i was fitting my after-market temp sensor -- while the GTs have a 2-sire sender.
hope that helps..

Sorted...i was testing the wrong switch which was the fan switch..the cts is under the distributor ,its a 2 wire switch with a green connector and its working fine..i have 4.5 v on it and when the engine heats up the voltage decreases..thks a lot..now must figure why ecu is fuelling tich on idle

is your oxygen sensor connected or working properly?