Cutting out in high boost ?

4ESeo

Fresh Recruit
I had the car tuned a while back and it yielded a really low power figure at 1 bar of boost, around 144 atw. Since then I have added new plugs, wires, new alternator, air filter, and removed the aircon and I noticed a huge difference in spool and how hard it pulled. However, when I get up to about 1 bar of boost only in the upper gears 3,4,5 it will kind of cut out and stutter but I get no warning lights or anything and the engine remains running normally. I just installed 440cc injectors as I thought it was a fueling issue, but have not tried to test them to see if this will solve the problem since the emanage map is the same as it was with the 315cc injectors. Just want some advice on what I should do. Re-tune? FPR? :confused:

Here are my mods:

td04 tuned to 1 bar
315cc injectors
Emanage Blue w/ main, injector, and ignition wires
FMIC
Walbro 255 fuel pump
2.5" exhaust
Speedvision mani/dp
Turbo XS MBC
Removed aircon
Iridium bkr8 plugs
Optima red top battery
Compression test done and was good an even across all cylinders

Last edited:

jamesbaa

Member +
I had a very similar problem with mine about a week after my mapping, What boost controler are you using? does it sort of hit boost and then drop and rise again!! Like a restriction somewhere? im using the apexi avcr and I put it down to when i turned it off and turned it back on again it set itself to auto calibrate! i turned this off and a day or so after this it setled down and touch wood its been fine for a week or so now!!

(i must stress i am not a mechanic and all im talking about is my own experiance so it may not be the same in your case!!)