CV joint

Guye

Lifer
I need to get CV joints for my 1992 GT. Anyone knows the spline count for these? I don't need to take the current ones off yet, so I can't physical count them for myself and no one locally seems to know for certain. It would be nice to know 100% what it is without removing the current ones. Thanks in advance for any help/info given,

highly unlikely.....u may have to take them off and count

i did it in the past....but i dont remember the results and i did not write it down

Guye

Lifer
highly unlikely.....u may have to take them off and count

i did it in the past....but i dont remember the results and i did not write it down
Thanks all the same. I guess this may be a weekend project...remove joints, count splines, refit joints...looking forward to it all ready.

welshowz

Member +
yup pretty sure there's no definite way of knowing without counting its a pain in the arse to be fair. i bought the two types and just sent one back which i didnt need to save a little bit of hassle.

Guye

Lifer
yup pretty sure there's no definite way of knowing without counting its a pain in the arse to be fair. i bought the two types and just sent one back which i didnt need to save a little bit of hassle.
I'd do the same thing if I didn't have to get them from overseas tbh. Since it's not available locally I have no choice but to remove, count, refit.