Cyclinder 2 scoring

aubreygil

Member +
So I recently set about to do a 4efte swap on my G6 corolla and the mechanic hit me with some news of bad scoring on cylinder two he reckons it may not be able to be saved..

Last edited:

aubreygil

Member +
So I've a full 4efe engine setup (in my G6 UK spec corolla)
A glanza engine with cylinder 2 scoring
Full glanza loom and ECU
Glanza turbo and manifold
Project needing saving lads
Thinking of rebuilding the glanza head..
Possibly rebuilding the corolla bottom end though it's running fine(suggestions)
Put them together and add the turbo bits to that setup... Injectors, sump , Mani , turbo, turbo loom and ECU etc
Know nothing about cylinder heads wondering if a liner can be replaced etc to save it ?

daniel_g

Member +
If the block is badly scored it can be sleeved by Future Motorsports.

4efe blocks can be turbo'd, I have done this several times.

Always advise using new forged components with professional machining and assembly.

aubreygil

Member +
Thanks Daniel,do you recommend forging the 4efe before turbo or will a standard rebuild do
I'm in Ireland so I've asked the local engine crowd if they can replace the cylinder liner..
If not would I be alright getting the turbo head reconditioned.. build the corolla bottom ends and use this setup with the rest of the needed turbo bits?

daniel_g

Member +
A standard rebuild with new parts or used?

Forged conrods and pistons would obviously be better but it really depends on budget.

If you have a 4efte cylinder head that would be ideal to recondition and use for your build.

Ideally new valve stem oil seals, regrind in / reseat valves, check / adjust camshaft clearance and a light skim if required.

aubreygil

Member +
A standard rebuild with new parts or used?

Forged conrods and pistons would obviously be better but it really depends on budget.

If you have a 4efte cylinder head that would be ideal to recondition and use for your build.

Ideally new valve stem oil seals, regrind in / reseat valves, check / adjust camshaft clearance and a light skim if required.
I've a full glanza engine with scoring on cylinder two and full corolla running gear. The plan is to fully recondition the turbo head and swap onto the corolla block.. adding the glanza bits along the way like ECU ,loom , turbo, sump , oil filter housing etc

SKINY

Lifer
Depending on how nad the scores are you might get away with it being honed, the engine shop will know better after they measure the bore width :)

daniel_g

Member +
If the 4efte block can't be saved, the 4efe engine can be turbo'd with the parts you have listed.

Just don't run too much boost or it will fail.

aubreygil

Member +
If the 4efte block can't be saved, the 4efe engine can be turbo'd with the parts you have listed.

Just don't run too much boost or it will fail.
My plan was to swap the turbo rods, pistons etc into the 4efe block , shouldn't fail then should it