D2 coilover help

Hey guys and gals,

I've run into a bit of a dilema while installing my D2's

ive got the coilovers on now, but the fronts look wrong.

Is there a right and a wrong way to put these on???

Basically it looks like the front toe is way out, (front left wheel points left, front right wheel points right)

Any suggestions on why this is?

goldenvtr

Member +
rotate the topmounts 180deg that might be your problem do you have any pics to show exaclty what you mean?

i aint got any pics matey, bit of a noob when it comes to pc's so dont know how to upload them anyway.

I take it there is a right and a wrong way of putting the topmounts in then??

one mate said it mite just need the tracking done, but im not too sure

cheers

cheers guys, i will try turning the topmounts through 180 degrees to see if that solves the problem. then i will get the whole setup aligned properly.

Cheers for the replies chaps

starbogt

Member +
Not wanting to jump in on this thread but can anyone help with the setting up of the D2's as in give info on height adjustment correctly cos the instructions are a little crap!

lol there are instructions????

i just judge it by eye :p

Have to say these were really simple to fit, but better instructions would have aided setting up.

Gtsmurf

Member +
Not jumping on your post to bro, but what are the correct camber settings for the D2s; got my done professionally and they are set at 1.8 degrees but I find the right one is rubbing against the metal brake line.

no idea what the correct settings are mate...

Also when u installed ur D2's did you use the brake line bracket holder thingy that is supplied?? this should hold your brake lines clear of any obstruction.

Im still yet to get the suspension setup correctly. (thats the problem when you start fitting the suspension sunday evening and hit a problem)

Got to wait till 2moro to have another stab at it

starbogt

Member +
I've just taken mine to get tracking set and its not even on the scale left and right whells pointing away from each other ! they can't be adjusted enough to get it right so I'm stuck might try turning the top mount but can't see it helping! anyone got suggestions?

Lornce

Member +
sorry to hijack the thread (i think its dead anyway)

but has anyone noticed that the nuts dont fit all the way onto the bolts now because the d2's have bigger bracket (thingys). :confused:

my nuts are like 1/2 way onto the bolts! Anyone changed the bolts? or kept them the same?

steveatyork

Member +
Snap :-(,Iv just fitted a set of D2's with exactly the same problem, toe-out (both front wheels pointing out) i suppose the next step is to get it booked in for a alignment chack with adjustments.
I'm thinking whats put it out (by miles) is that it was on the standard ride hight, now its much lower.
Has anyone else had similar probs with theres? Any tips re; setting? camber etc

Cheers, steve

Gee

Member +
I've just taken mine to get tracking set and its not even on the scale left and right whells pointing away from each other ! they can't be adjusted enough to get it right so I'm stuck might try turning the top mount but can't see it helping! anyone got suggestions?

They had a problem when I got mine setup and they unbolted the coilover or something to adjust and sorted it.

Sorry for crap description!

Gee

Member +
It was a while ago, sorry.

They told me they had an issue getting the camber or something within the green zone on the computer and they had to completely unbolt the coilover or something!?

Sorry, can't remember.