d2 coilovers, damper adjustment?

neilelliot_1

Member +
arite ppl, ive had the d2 coilovers on my car since i got it, and the suspension is really hard, gf is always complainin! cant go too quick on some roads as its just too hard! anyone know how to adjust them a bit softer on d2's? rep wil be added for help! cheeers

TURBO2010

Member +
i av the exact same problem mate!! getting rid of em, 2 hard even on the softest setting!! av u the nob on top to ajust em ya?

MeisterR

Lifer
Pretty common problem, mainly down to the over damped dampers.

If you adjusted the damping to the softest, there will be too little rebound force to control the spring's recoil and the car will feel really floaty and uncontrollable...

Sadly, that is down to the coilovers design specification and there isn't really much you can do to change that.

TURBO2010

Member +
ya its a nob u turn with an arrow on it and theres i think 6 settings i but u can turn it more that 6 times so there actually more that 6 but not sure how many!!

weeJohn

Lifer
You use the long allen key thing with a purple top and turn it fully anti clockwise to put them to their softest setting.

Then you drive down the road and assult your kidneys with their fierceness.

D2`s are hard as, not much you can do about it lads sorry.

TURBO2010

Member +
You use the long allen key thing with a purple top and turn it fully anti clockwise to put them to their softest setting.

Then you drive down the road and assult your kidneys with their fierceness.

D2`s are hard as, not much you can do about it lads sorry.

:haha::haha: 2 true!!:haha::haha:

ashygt

Member +
way too hard for our roads had to sell them got tein superstreets instead incredible ride highly rate them.

stu

MeisterR

Lifer
Thats one reason why MeisterR coilovers had its damping readjusted for the UK roads...
Assault on the Kidneys are NOT a good thing. :haha:

weeJohn

Lifer
I got different Tein springs, lower spring rate and it softened them up a bit at the rear.

What are the spring rates on the Meister coilovers?

MeisterR

Lifer
I got different Tein springs, lower spring rate and it softened them up a bit at the rear.

What are the spring rates on the Meister coilovers?

EP82/EP91: Front: 5kg/mm, Rear:4kg/mm

EP85 (Custom Build, direct fit): Front: 5kg/mm, Rear: 5kg/mm

toyobaz

Member +
its not the damping on d2's that is very hard, it is the spring rate
they are ideal for track but far to harsh for british roads
remember that japanese roads are silky smooth
maybe try and find softer rated springs that fit,