D2 coilovers

corofin12345

Member +
hard as fook.. ask "turbo2010" bout them.. he has the mates car now and i hated them on it... rattled my bones not to mention the car

GT_Irl

Member +
Dont think d2's are well suited to our roads mate! Have you considered an uprated shock/spring setup?

gglavin

Member +
well i pm'd quadcorecraig about the set he's seling but no reply!
money is the problem!

my advise, replace all the bushes if you have not already and any coilover should not feel too bad after, I have cusco coilies and they are like a rock but I replaced the bushes and engine mounts and they are grand

OllieTurbo

Member +
Ive got d2 coilovers on my V , and yes they are stiff, but you dont by a starlet as a comfy family car, and they certainly make it handle a loadd better:) if the price is right id go for them bud

addz

Member +
Very stiff coilovers but to be honest I love mine to bits!

They give that ultimate handling feel, oh and when you're pecks jump up and down like mad you know you're sitting low and hard

bullet

Member +
best handleing mod i ever bought, yes its hard but when your hammering round a bend at 90mph you want to know that your going to make it, never had any problems, took a while to get them right but of my god, its better than a go-kart

dac69er

Super Moderator
best handleing mod i ever bought, yes its hard but when your hammering round a bend at 90mph you want to know that your going to make it, never had any problems, took a while to get them right but of my god, its better than a go-kart

really? i found if you hammer round a b-road at any more than walking pace the car has no grip and you skip across the road into a ditch.

if your cruising round smooth town roads like a chav they are fine, but other than that they were almost lethal. actually found i had less grip on the corners as well as under braking and acceleration due to them being so damn stiff and unforgiving.

BC coilovers are a touch better, but not by alot. i have a set of meister r's on one car and teins on another and they are both good coilovers and actually work on the road.

bullet

Member +
yea i see what your saying, mine are mainly used for track racing or a quick blast round some NICE twisties

azerty

Supermoderator
Still don't understand the stiffness they get rated in UK, in Mauritius we have horrible roads and the new series that came out a year ago are compfy enough (for adjustable coilies)... to the point some guys even change springs for stiffer rates...
now if you want real confort, just stay with conventional shocks :)

TURBO2010

Member +
hey mate! people are going to av mixed feelings on these coilovers due to where they come from ie. the roads they are driving on! if u are mostly driving on motor ways they would prob b fine but as corofin12345 said they are hard as hell and the condition the roads are in around ere they make them the most uncomfortable driving ever and as said in a post above i didnt find them great on bends either!! i wouldnt advise u to get them but at the end of the day its up to u mate!!:)