D2s

amy ep91

Member +
just a bit of advice really.

been looking at d2 coilovers and was wandering if anyone could tell me if these are any good or not.

Last edited:

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
Do you mean D2's?
If so,i had K-sport,look the exact same bar colour and the k-sport were very stiff but very good.
Bad for a daily driver imo though.

amy ep91

Member +
yeah sorry, little typo !!
its hard to post threads when your not mean to be on the internet at work lol.

whats your views on teins then?
a few people have mention meister r's tbf.

hmmm :/

Rory

Lifer
Thread title changed for you.

Never used D2's, but alot of people seem to have them, aswell as Meister R's.

I personally would opt for Meister R's over D2, if i was in the market for coilovers.

Rore

Sigma

Member +
Never had an issues with BC's :)

Well cheap for their quality, too.

D2's are way too harsh for a road car.

azerty

Supermoderator
all adjustable coilovers will be stiffer than conventional shocks no matter the brand.
People who use whatever brand tends to defend the one they got...
what I would recomend you is to go for those you'll get better support with. we have different traders offering different brands on the forum. check what sort of support and warranty they offer and make your own choice

If you still want to go for D2s, I would recomend you to make sure you buy latest street design that came a year ago (some shops might still have older design in stock...). I still haven't heard anyone complaining about those new model. and I know quite few guys using them on starbos... here is a pic. you'll notice new design bottom mount is black, while previous design was purple

DSC_0005bisweb-1.jpg

those new design model use larger struts, have rubber top mount camberplate design and one year and a half waranty...

Last edited:

addz

Member +
I've got the older D2's and think they are fab!

Well it's a sports car, with sports suspension - it's going to be stiff!

If I want a comfy drive, I'll get myself a Lexus