Damn 86's-Help needed

Cooch

Member +
Right guys and girls. Ive got my FD3S RX-7 and ive been bitten by the drifting bug hard but i feel bad if i keep drifting the Rex. She's a lovely car quick and an absolute pleasure to drive but im thinking of selling up and gettin an AE86 fresh from Japan. So TOBY if your reading this if i send you a few links from good old yahoo auctions can you see what you could do price wise? Also anyone know of any decent sites i can look at a few 86's in japn that are up for sale? Cheers Cooch

dac69er

Super Moderator
just buy a cheap mx5 mate. thats what i did. i wouldnt feel right drifting an ae86, they are just too sweet to ruin

Cooch

Member +
See what i mean?

garage_yasugi-img425x295-1203933076.jpg

koba_xr650r_8286-img600x450-1204428.jpg

mwtr0126-img600x450-12044468754.jpg

mwtr0126-img600x450-120444690929.jpg

dac69er

Super Moderator
i know what you mean, they are the sex. would absolutely love one. but use it in the winter and it will rot :(

cantbassed

Member +
buy a ae86 once you've properly learnt how to drift. i dont know how well you are at it, but if i smashed my pride and joy drift car into a curb, tree, ditch etc..... iv seen a ae86 do this into a curb and smashe the bottom of his car. id be gutted! buy a volvo learn, master it etc, then get yaself a ae86!

thechomper

Member +
try and buy one with a two way diff ,very popular in Ireland ,heres a couple of vids,id 100% buy one,great car and can take the abuse

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
To be fair thats a pretty poor example of drifting, its more like randomly throwing your car around. Would love an ae86 though.

dac69er

Super Moderator
buy a ae86 once you've properly learnt how to drift. i dont know how well you are at it, but if i smashed my pride and joy drift car into a curb, tree, ditch etc..... iv seen a ae86 do this into a curb and smashe the bottom of his car. id be gutted! buy a volvo learn, master it etc, then get yaself a ae86!

thats why i bougth a slightly tatty cheap mx5. ok, it wont drift in the dry, but in the wet you can drift her and if i seriously break her it doesnt matter quite so much

dac69er

Super Moderator
i just read this thread. checked auto trader and did a google picture search and now im seriously debating selling the eunos and getting an ae86. need another garage 1st tho :(

damn you cooch

thechomper

Member +
100% buy it mate ,you will have great fun,buy from Japan ,as i heard the ones from the UK ,tend to have a lot of rust damage ,as said mate ,get one with a two way diff,and you will be laughing

Cooch

Member +
I need to get rid of my 7 though first. Wonder how much i could get. Also someone on Driftworks is selling a complete shell that needs bits refitting!

Sorry Duncan.

dac69er

Super Moderator
if you get one can you promise to take me out in it and have a gander round it. want to see if its really the kinda car i would like?

if i fall in love i may have to splash out on another garage and an AE86 for myself. so much to do and so little money!!!

Dan3SGTE

Member +
my opinion would be the AE86 all day long...

I do love the look of RX7's but i would never buy one... there is something missing about it... Think its too nice, that must be it. lol.... prefer the rawer look, like the 86's ;)