Damn Cars!

shauntgtt

Member +
Right well some of you may know that I have recently fitted a new Hybrid ct9 and new mani.....It initially had a smoking issue which after changing/sorting the breather seemed to of cleared......

Well today was the big day........Traveled down to Portsmouth to get a full re-map and printout about 10 miles before we arrived it started smoking again but not as bad so just hoped that this was because of the over-fueling, however......things took a turn for the worse.......

The smoking was now full on and my heart sank! The mapping was stopped and then the investigation began on the cause......cutting the story shorter........

It turns out that after a leak down test was carried out, no.3 is screwed. Now I am being told that the internals may still be fine its just a case of getting the head off and checking them, if all is well then its gonna be the valve stem seals so will just buy the head gasket kit

Can someone please advise or help on this? IM GUTTED!!

Much appreciated peeps!

shauntgtt

Member +
Nope! and I haven't hardly hit boost since fitting the new turbo as I wanted it all mapped for obvious reasons!

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
id say its more likely the turbo in that case..

especially since it wasnt smoking before ;)

kon

shauntgtt

Member +
did you get the readings from when they tested the internals?

I haven't got the exact readings all though I do know it was damn low from seeing the gauge!

id say its more likely the turbo in that case..

especially since it wasnt smoking before ;)

kon

He did say before he done the test that the turbo could be the issue, although surely the test would of read fine?

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
I haven't got the exact readings all though I do know it was damn low from seeing the gauge!

He did say before he done the test that the turbo could be the issue, although surely the test would of read fine?

without reading the test its near to impossible to say..

if i was there id tell u in 5 mins whats probably wrong lol.. yes ur thining is right, but if u say uv driven it off boost most of the time i cant understand y no3 would go...

maybe its just bad luck, or perhaps a stuck injector.. it could happen u know..

kon

shauntgtt

Member +
I will get the readings tomorrow if possible. Will there be any other signs to tell if this is the case?

Also I forgot to add that he checked for oil in the inlet mani and there were signs of oil??!

"""""The smoking was now full on and my heart sank! The mapping was stopped and then the investigation began on the cause......cutting the story shorter""""""------interesting paragraph here

""""""It turns out that after a leak down test was carried out, no.3 is screwed. Now I am being told that the internals may still be fine its just a case of getting the head off and checking them, if all is well then its gonna be the valve stem seals so will just buy the head gasket kit"""""----this is VERY contradictory within itself, as the cylinder cant be having problems and then be ok just like that..... u should have gotten those readings, cause its all guess work on the part of the members now

shauntgtt

Member +
As stated I will try and get the readings tomorrow however these are highly respected tuners who I can trust.

Well as you can obviously understand I was abit pi$$ed off at the time! I am only asking for some help and advise to get me along the way!

shauntgtt

Member +
i'm just gonna wack the standard turbo back on and see what the verdict is

at the end of the day i ran 0.9 bar on the old turbo and have only ran 0.5 on the new so can't see why the internals would be screwed.