Dastek unichip

-BenGTTurbo-

Member +
I just bought a secound hand Dastek Unichip piggyback ecu with built in boost module. Same as this one here:

http://www.puntosports.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=98284

Now i ring up Austec Racing as i hear they are really good with dastek. They tell me theres no point in it as the dasteks are a shit map and you wont see that much gains with it ?? Also said by time you pay for it to be mapped you could get somthing alot better ?? Have also heard of case's where the piggyback has swipped the standered ECU :S

Now all i want to run is 1bar on my GT with Hybrid ct9, manni, decat, exhaust, Electronic boost controller.. Austec racing told me i would be better off getting a FPR and a FCD and getting it on the rollers and tuned in. Would i see the same or better power gains doing it this way ?? Has anyone got a dastek hocked up ???

Just seems like im spending loads of money on pointless stuff its really annoying me. Wish i just got a jam ecu !!

GTnomez

Member +
where did you get it from?

A destek is better than the fcd and fpr combo mate.

Try somewhere else.

-BenGTTurbo-

Member +
where did you get it from?

A destek is better than the fcd and fpr combo mate.

Try somewhere else.

I got it from ebay m8, It came off another GT said to gain 15bhp from when fitting it.

I knw it would be better then the FCD route but that route is so much cheaper. Dave from TM-Devvopments said would cost about £250 to map and im not paying that lol.

Anyone knw what the dastek compares like against the JAM ecu's ??

Shorty

Member +
Iv just bought a dastek they are a very good ecu, was a glanza for sale the otherday running 270 odd on a td04 using a dastek, go elswhere that guy is talkin out his arse.

-BenGTTurbo-

Member +
Iv just bought a dastek they are a very good ecu, was a glanza for sale the otherday running 270 odd on a td04 using a dastek, go elswhere that guy is talkin out his arse.

Thats a good result there... Was it the unichip Q by anychance tho ??? Also how much are you paying to get it mapped ???

My m8 just fitted a JAM ecu to his V last night and by god can you notice the diffrence.. Seems to be getting quickwer and quicker

GTnomez

Member +
I got it from ebay m8, It came off another GT said to gain 15bhp from when fitting it.

I knw it would be better then the FCD route but that route is so much cheaper. Dave from TM-Devvopments said would cost about £250 to map and im not paying that lol.

Anyone knw what the dastek compares like against the JAM ecu's ??

Mate you know the score, pay cheap and it will eventually work out to be more expensive with the problems it brings!

Jam isnt mappable but Dastek is.

Where you go depends how much you pay mate

-BenGTTurbo-

Member +
Well iv just rang up another 3 companys that deal with Dastek and they all said to me to they wont map it because its so old.... Iv just got a price on a Dastek Unichip Q fitted and mapped with 5 diffrent maps all in for £550 ... Im really hearing bad things about this Dastek unit i have :(

Chris@CCM

Member +
No it won't y would u bother with a jam ecu I would never use one , much better with somthing u can tune , fcd set ups r over looked now days but they do the job well if it's only a hybrid small set up

-BenGTTurbo-

Member +
No it won't y would u bother with a jam ecu I would never use one , much better with somthing u can tune , fcd set ups r over looked now days but they do the job well if it's only a hybrid small set up

Because my mate fitted a jam last night and it made a very noticable change to perfomance on a ct9 setup and a ARC topmount...

So you are saying a FCD and a FPR would do the same job ?? would i see same power results ?? Whats the best FPR to get ??? Am planning to run 0.7 on low and 1bar on high on a ct9 hybrid

addz

Member +
Ona CT9 set-up I just don't see why you'd want to spend big money on expensive management. As Chris has said, for your set-up a RRFPR and FCD should see a nice difference.

-BenGTTurbo-

Member +
Yes i will prob go that route BUT iv heard that its set up to be slightly rich or somthing and that it will be alot less economical than going pigyback route...

Whats a good RRFPR to go for ??? i already have a hks FCD