de-restriction

rb69

Member +
What exactly do you want to de-restrict?

The info Jam35 posted is only relevant if you want to de restrict the boost, I don't think 1st and 2nd gear ar restricted to low boost in the GT Turbos.

If you want to de-restrict the speed limiter, you need something like a HKS SLD (speed limit defencer) or you could buy an uprated plug and play ECU or a stand alone ECU.

Another option which is a lot cheaper is to buy a speedo converter, that converts KMH into MPH, you would need to change the dials as well but it just plugs into the gearbox I think and that will delimit the top speed.

Last edited:

Craig

Lifer
As per rb69, the boost is not restricted on a GT, only the Glanza. I'd recommend going for the latter option and go with the MPH Convertor. Available from various websites, and most likely traders on here too.

Craigy

Member +
As per rb69, the boost is not restricted on a GT, only the Glanza. I'd recommend going for the latter option and go with the MPH Convertor. Available from various websites, and most likely traders on here too.

so putting something as little as a kmh converter takes the 103mph restrictor off? im just wanted the full top speed with no restrictions, gt turbos dont have boost restrictions on it. so if i were to buy a SLD where do i fit it? also where and how do i fit a FCD?

Nippon

Member +
The MPH/KPH converter doesnt acctually remove the restriction. It just moves it up to 180mph instead of 180kph.
No way u are gonna reach the limit with it that high.

Craigy

Member +
anyone know any websites where i can buy the speedo converter kit from which has the gearbox converter and the speedo fascia/sticker?