Debadging

RallyStarlet

Member +
Anybody got any idea how to remove the rear toyota badge? was thinking of a heat gun, but dont wanna destroy my boot lid?
Any advice?
Im probably gonna get slated for wanting to remove it haha

durmz

Member +
hairdryer, credit card, although, i dont know if the badge is pinned into the boot, perhaps someone else can fill this Q in, nobody wants to be busting out the filler. then once u got it off, autoglym tar remover works well, or any sorta degreaser, tar remover, that sorta shit

Mike_ep91

Member +
there isnt any pins or that holding it on just heat it up a little and then pull it off and then use some sort of degreaser or that to remove the rest of the sticky gunk.

Last edited:

dac69er

Super Moderator
there isnt any pins or that holding it on just try and pull it off and then use some sort of degreaser or that to remove the rest of the sticky gunk.

i would heat it up first. previous owner of mine just ripped the badge off and it took a bit of the paint off behind. i just re-fitted the badge so its all good and no one will ever know :p

Mike_ep91

Member +
i would heat it up first. previous owner of mine just ripped the badge off and it took a bit of the paint off behind. i just re-fitted the badge so its all good and no one will ever know :p

yeah sorry should of said to add a bit of heat to loosen it first get out the hairdryer..:haha:

Big_Daddy

Member +
I used a hair dryer, at the same time i pealed it off, it left sticky bit that i now need to remove. Some ppl suggested thinner, but dont want to damage the paint work.

17122008002.jpg

dac69er

Super Moderator
thinners will be fine mate. as long as its not anything too hardcore.
WD40 may do it. there is also some stuff called sticky stuff remover (think its made by gunk) that works quite wel and i believe its safe on paint.

RallyStarlet

Member +
btw, im asking about removing the actual toyota badge, but this will come off with a heatgun and some degreaser right? or are we talking about the Starlet & GT turbo badges?

RallyStarlet

Member +
hmm that looks wicked :) have you delocked that aswell? cause there is no boot lock from what i can see ?
Might go give it a try in a bit, break out the heat gun :)

Big_Daddy

Member +
hmm that looks wicked :) have you delocked that aswell? cause there is no boot lock from what i can see ?
Might go give it a try in a bit, break out the heat gun :)

I got abit carried away with the brush. lol

Ive herd if you remove Toyota badge, there would be a small hole:rolleyes: Hence the reason why i havent tried it yet

ChrisGT

Member +
I swear it will leave 2 small holes from where there are little plastic knobs on the badge. I took mine off to spray ages ago and for some reason i remember there being two small holes. Have I gone mad?!

Dan_ss

Fresh Recruit
Debadged the swift boot, 4 badges in total! used a hair dryer to peel them off, then autoglym tar remover to remove any glue. As its an older car, T cut probably wouldnt go a miss!

enright82

Member +
yer there are two locating holes, i took the toyota badge off and stuck a small DCshoe's one over it instead

KrissyB

Member +
Debadged the swift boot, 4 badges in total! used a hair dryer to peel them off, then autoglym tar remover to remove any glue. As its an older car, T cut probably wouldnt go a miss!

The swift looks awesome bebadged, im int he proces of debadging mine, the main toyota badge in the middle is pinned in.

The gash Starlet and Toyota GT turbo badge just peel off once heated up :):):):)