decat now white smoke

liamgtturbo

Member +
i recently decatted my gt but now there is quite a bit o white smoke from the exhaust been told its only steam and not the headgasket just want to no if this is normal for a petrol car to give out a bit of smoke thanks

Dave.

Member +
if its ONLY white, then it can be normal, especially after a decat...

My friends Saxo VTR smokes horribly on idle without its cat, and it completely goes away with it in place.

I'd guess its just moisture in the air. If it gets any worse or if it gets blue then I'd worry that maybe the turbo oil seals were on their last legs, and the lack of back pressure (from the cat) has allowed them to leak...

Its all ifs and buts though, just keep an eye on the oil level. How many miles have you done (and is it the original turbo?)

Dave

Gilly2006

Member +
my GT used to do the same when i smashed my cat out. used to blow blow white smoke out, and when i give it a few revs in the garage it used to chuck water out of the back! lol! which got me very worried, but it was just condenstation. i did a compression check and it was 160 across all 4. so it was fine.

liamgtturbo

Member +
white smoke

if its ONLY white, then it can be normal, especially after a decat...

My friends Saxo VTR smokes horribly on idle without its cat, and it completely goes away with it in place.

I'd guess its just moisture in the air. If it gets any worse or if it gets blue then I'd worry that maybe the turbo oil seals were on their last legs, and the lack of back pressure (from the cat) has allowed them to leak...

Its all ifs and buts though, just keep an eye on the oil level. How many miles have you done (and is it the original turbo?)

Dave
The car has 65000 miles or so after conversion lol an ive only did less than 1000 since i got the car. Ive only noticed it today decatted on sat and its standard ct9

liamgtturbo

Member +
smoke

yea il be watchin the oil level doin a oil change soon anyway its prob just steam my bro is a mechanic an says its steam an all th other mechanics say the same headgasket is fine but il be watchin it closely lol thanks for the replies lads an ladies