Declaring Modifications.

Jaak

Member +
Hi all,

I was wondering. I have a flat panel replacement K&N filter on at the moment. Would I have to declare this as a mod with the insurer?
Seeing that I only replaced the old airfilter, didnt make any mods to the piping system.

Cheers,

dac69er

Super Moderator
i wouldnt worry mate. its not really a performance mod. its basically a re-useable replacement panel filter that may increase performance a bit.

if your ringing up and declaring other mods you could always mention it, but wouldnt ring up just for that.

Jaak

Member +
i wouldnt worry mate. its not really a performance mod. its basically a re-useable replacement panel filter that may increase performance a bit.

if your ringing up and declaring other mods you could always mention it, but wouldnt ring up just for that.

Thanks, I was thinking the same thing.

Now I was thinking.....

What I would take off the bottom part of the standard airbox, then turn around the top part of the standard box, so that the filter would be facing upwards, and just secure the filter on the box.

So basically its still the same airbox just without the bottom part, just to give more of a roarrrr through the filter.

Would that be a mod to declare?

dac69er

Super Moderator
not really mate. may as well just get an open filter if your going to do that. declare it. wont make hardly any difference though.

best way is to just ask them.

Jaak

Member +
not really mate. may as well just get an open filter if your going to do that. declare it. wont make hardly any difference though.

best way is to just ask them.

cheers man. just wanted to know what other guys thought. thanks for the opinion. rep added:)

Monkfish

Member +
its not really a performance mod. its basically a re-useable replacement panel filter that may increase performance a bit.
Spot the mistake.

Phone your insurance company and declare it. Unless you're young with little experience, it'll make mostly no difference to your premium. At most it'll be a 10% loading. I'd rather pay 10% more and know that I'm covered rather than run the risk of having a policy voided because a modification wasn't declared.

Jay put up a good post in this section, I'd advise you read it if you haven't already.