diagnostic test, code 31

zwiersjuh

Member +
hey,

i did a diagnostic test on my glanza v, and code 31 was the result.

Code: 31
Signal: Vacuum sensor
Diagnosis: No signal at Vacuum sensor (PIM)
Common Trouble Area: Vacuum sensor to ECU

what is the problem and how can i fix it?

greetings,

Erwin

zwiersjuh

Member +
yes, the mapsensor is connected the right way. I'm using a jam fcd, that was allready in the car when i bought it. But i think that the fcd is not working well, because it still haves what i think is fuelcut.. It's connected to the ecu, but i saw here on the forum that it can be connected by the mapsensor?

Texx

Super Moderator
The wiring runs between the MAP sensor and ECU, so it doesn't matter where in that wiring the FCD is connected.

I would first check the connections made at the FCD. Make sure the connections are good and that none are shorting out.

zwiersjuh

Member +
I checked the connections and they are all good, it's fitted on the right wires and i reconnected it with new plugs. But the problem stays

corofin12345

Member +
what mods you got and what boost you running?? could be a faulty map sensor or even the hose from inlet mani 2 map sensor could be clogged..

Texx

Super Moderator
The cause is likely to be either a faulty MAP sensor or FCD or a wiring issue between the MAP sensor and ECU. The most cost effective thing to do first would be to remove the FCD and rejoin the original wiring. If the fault still occurs try fitting a known good MAP sensor. If that doesn't cure the fault then it's likely being caused by a wiring issue between the MAP sensor connector and ECU connector.