Diagram for wiring in the FCD

Sii

Member +
Gents, Ladies and fellow Geordies :)

I have the ECU off and I'm tidying up the wiring, I have a small black box wired into the ECU already, which I believe to be a delimiter (top end speed), however it looks like Stevie Wonder wired it in using a cheese toasty, 4 bags of cable ties and a squirrel. It's shocking, wires twisted and then taped up, I digress.

I'm just about to put the FCD defender in (HKS) I can source a live and earth easy enough, but which of the 3 plugs on the ECU has the wire I need to splice, I assumed it was the larger or the 3 plugs, but which coloured cable, is is a green one, if so which one, the thin one or the thick one.

I was given some instructions with the HKS FCD but they're for an 86/88 Supra and I still have a small ounce of doubt in the back of my head regards to which wire to use, so I thought I'd ask.

I've used search but have not been able to yield any exact results or a diagram.

Any help people.

I'm currently in the basement garage on the 'grubby' laptop, also wiring in a new head unit, under seat amp and mini sub ... so I'll be here a while.

Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Sii

Last edited:

Sii

Member +
I believe my search based issues where due to the search not accepting search criteria consisting of 3 letters, obviously searching for FCS and HKS was limited in that respect.

:)

Sii

Member +
Never thought of using wild card search, as a software tester you'd think I'd have tried that, d'oh.

Anyway the plot thickens, I've eventually got around to getting back to the ECU and no longer fitting under seat subs and amps, however the black box I found before is wired in the same as the EP91 wiring diagram for a FCD, it's labelled "JAM" I'm assuming this is another make of FCD, however it doesn't appear to be doing it jobs as I'm getting the little ECU light and then if I push more I get fuel cut, I'm going to remove and it an use the HKS FCD, anyone got a JAM unit?

I thought maybe it was a delimiter device rather than a FCD (as I'm still hitting fuel cut).

Anyone she any light onto it?

kieran.s gt

Member +
if u take off the cover of the jam fcd theres a adjustable screw thats why ur hitting fuel cut] it need to be adjusted thats all

Sii

Member +
Do I turn it clock wise or anti clock wise? It's got a small plastic dial (white) and I can see 7 little silver 'dimples' surrounding the plastic dial, it's currently got the white plastic 'dial' set to (count clockwise around the circle) 5 on the dial.

I'm running 14psi on a modded CT9, what should I set it to?

I'm running a FPR and FMIC, bigger injectors and it's running sweet (fuelling checked)

Cheers for the prompt reply, will give it a twist in the right direction and then take her out to check.

Cheers

Sii

kieran.s gt

Member +
Do I turn it clock wise or anti clock wise? It's got a small plastic dial (white) and I can see 7 little silver 'dimples' surrounding the plastic dial, it's currently got the white plastic 'dial' set to (count clockwise around the circle) 5 on the dial.

I'm running 14psi on a modded CT9, what should I set it to?

I'm running a FPR and FMIC, bigger injectors and it's running sweet (fuelling checked)

Cheers for the prompt reply, will give it a twist in the right direction and then take her out to check.

Cheers

Sii

just keep turning it until u stop hittin fuelcut

Sii

Member +
wound it clock wise (in) and it cut under 1bar, whereas it use to cut just above, so using some the common sense I have (not much left) I'm assuming that lowers the fuel cut, therefore I believe winding it out (anti clockwise) I will raise the fuld cut limit.

Can anyone confirm, I'd hate to fettle the level on the FCD only to bugger my engine.

I always stay on the right side of cautious.

Tah

Sii

kieran.s gt

Member +
wound it clock wise (in) and it cut under 1bar, whereas it use to cut just above, so using some the common sense I have (not much left) I'm assuming that lowers the fuel cut, therefore I believe winding it out (anti clockwise) I will raise the fuld cut limit.

Can anyone confirm, I'd hate to fettle the level on the FCD only to bugger my engine.

I always stay on the right side of cautious.

Tah

Sii

what boost u running
id go anticlock wise going by that