Diet advice

I_<3_Boost

Member +
ok so recently I've doing lots of bike rides, runs and football, I've been trying to build up my legs muscle and general fitness, and overall tone.
I've been trying to find a general diet to work from, I basically want a calendar of sorts that tells me what I should be eating, say for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I was just wondering if someone could tell me there diet in detail, or where they got advice from.
I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out! Thanks!

JohnOBrien8

Member +
right down exactly what you eat for 1/2 weeks!then read over it and ban yourself from eating all the things you know are bad for you or very fattening!
also eating your meals from a bowl means that you hav a smaller portion to control how big a portion you eat!just a few ones ive heard recently!

Rev

Member +
Check out your body type and choose a diet to suit this as diets can be very specific. For example - Carbohydrates can retain fluid which for some makes things harder due to the stress on your heart pumping more fluid.

scot-ish

Member +
Simple. eat clean.

Firstly, imho, "general tone" there is no such thing, your either fat or your ripped, you only become toned, by lowering you body fat percentage

my advice is 5 or six small meals a day. minimum, try working on the basis of 1gm of protien per pound of body mass, ( and really no more than 35gms of protien per meal)

larger meals in the morning, and knock of lots of carbs later in the evening.

Ive just started gettin back in to training, ( dropped from 98kg, to 91kg in 5 weeks)

here is my meal plan.

Soon as i wake, pint of water ( kicks the body, and gets your metabolism working straight off)

Breakfast, 3 eggs scrambled, 50gms porridge, 1 black coffee and another 300 ml of water.

Tin of tuna, black coffee

noon
Chicken breast, Salad and veg. usually carrots and brocolli, sald is normally mixed pickled salad.

Sardines on toast and protien shake.

6-7 gym session.

7.15 Brown rice, chicken breast, veg again. and about 40 or 50 gms of peanut butter.

1000 Protien shake made with whole milk.

I try to stick to this as much as i can, but sometimes it gets hard because im on ship, on land this diet is simple and easy.

the only thing to watch is your workout time, you must have a meal straight after it, taking in protiens and around 50 gms of carbohydrates.

If you want to get "toned" then you need to cut out all shit, no chocolate, fizzy juice, lager etc etc. but it all depends on how much you wanna stick to things.

Diet is the biggest factor in working out. Well, unless ofcourse you use "other" supplements

stavros

Member +
As above really, I agree, there is no such thing as 'tone'... Food is the most anabolic substance, if you're not eating the right amounts and the correct types then you will struggle to grow.

Like someone said above, complex carbs such as rice, pasta, pastry etc can hold up to 4grams of water for every gram consumed, so ideally try and leave off complex carbs after 2pm, this will give your body suffiecent time to digest them.

After training consume around 50g of protein with simple carbs, i.e. something sweet/sugary. I add in 30g of dextrose to my post training shake. Post training your body is craving carbs, by adding simple carbs to your shake it increases the rate of absorbtion.

Wth regards to protein, the general gist is to consume 1.5/2g of protein for every lb you weigh... Dont be deluded in to thinking by consuming high amount of protein you'll wake up looking like Arnie... you wont. Your type of muscle growth is dependant upon your training (HIT, Low volume training etc)

The diet Scot-ish put up is pretty good and not far different to mine... This is my diet generally:

Maintainence:

6am: 50g whey protein, Banana
10am: 150g chicken breast, 100g lettuce, 2 tablespoons peanut butter
1pm: as above
4pm: 50g whey protein & apple
6pm - Train
7pm: 50g whey protein & 30g of dextrose
8pm: 150g chicken/fish/red meat etc & vegetables
10pm: Caesin protein or 150g cottage cheese

Bulking:
6am: 6whole eggs/protein shake & 150g oats
10pm: 200g meat & 150g rice/pasta
1pm: as above
4pm: 50g whey, 2 x wholemeal bread
6pm: Train
7pm: 50g whey, 30g dextrose
8pm: 200g meat & 150g brown rice, vegetables
10pm: Caesin protein & fine oats shake

Hope this is of some help

richglanzav

Member +
im currently at the stage where ive lost the weight i wanted to, but now wna try to bulk up a bit but keep toned upper body. and im finding it difficult. sure i can put weight on but not in the right way.

but for losing weight i found beans on toast (brown bread) really good. they r full of stuff your body uses so will aid you if your doing workouts..but also low in fat. have a big glass of water with them lol and ya ready to go. my advice is based on being a fussy eater btw. cus half of the foods mentioned above i dont like lol

durmz

Member +
Im the same, i injured my leg back in march and used it as a cop out for not going gym or doing gen fitness stuff anymore, and have become a podgy fucker because of it, so sooner rather than later i need to find somewhere local to join, also, much like above, im a fussy eater which is a bit pathetic by my own standards, and diet is allways the jardest part for me when training

stavros

Member +
Beans and brown bread are really good forms of complex carbs and are a great morning or preworkout meal. If you want to lose weight, increase protein and decrease/remove complex carbs (replace with fibreous or negative carbs such as vegetables). Protein is difficult for your body to digest, therefore it takes longer and uses more energy in breaking it down. :)

durmz

Member +
well mainly im just a green hater, cannot stand salads, ie lettuce and tomato based. I love all meats, no prob with proteins...errr

stavros

Member +
well mainly im just a green hater, cannot stand salads, ie lettuce and tomato based. I love all meats, no prob with proteins...errr

Lmao 'green hater'...

Well depends what you want buddy, vegetables and fruit isnt essential to your diet, the minerals in them are though so a multi vit is always a good thing

If you want to lose weight, keep your protein intake high and lower your carb intake and try and replace your starchy carbs with fibreous/negative carbs such as fruit or veg... Cutting out things like pasta and bread will help immensly as this will aid in lowering water retention. Definately keep your water intake above 2ltrs minimum each day.

My cutting diet has zero carbs in it, but thats a bit extreme and theres a method to it too... can pm you it if you like?

durmz

Member +
yeah please do mate, ile use from it what I can.

ok so theres things i can get bang on straight away, like I eat shit loads of bread, can live without that...or 90% of it lol, and can do 2 litres+ of water a day easy

stavros

Member +
Id drop the bread and the pasta and see how you go for a couple of weeks mate, i think it'll suprise you. Do you want to build muscle or are you happy to just drop body fat?

stavros

Member +
Lmao, fo shizzle my nizzle my bizzle wizzle.

If you want to build muscle then ide follow my 'maintenance' diet and just replace the 10am and 1pm lettuce with rice and have whole meal toast with the breakfast meal, so you have moderate carbs, but nothing like my bulking diet

I_<3_Boost

Member +
Thanks for the advice guys, when I said general tone, I meant loose body fat, as I do sit ups, chin ups and push ups swell as the cycling football and running, I just don't wanna look like one of these top heavy guys that just build the top half up for the fun of it ;p