diff decentigrated! have a question about replacing gearbox

my diff has jus decintegrated only an hour ago... jus got it back from a full respray yesterday 2 :/ not amused lol

does anybody know if i have to drop the engine or can it be done without doing that..

also i have a spare gearbox but it is out of a gt turbo... will it fit onto a glanza engine?

any advice would be much appreciated!

cheers

Nippon

Member +
Pretty sure you can drop the gearbox off without taking the whole engin out.

Gt box will fit fine.
If you are changing from an OEM LSD box to a normal box or visa versa then you will need driveshafts aswell.

Pretty sure you can drop the gearbox off without taking the whole engin out.

Gt box will fit fine.
If you are changing from an OEM LSD box to a normal box or visa versa then you will need driveshafts aswell.

cheers mate... u reckon i could do it without even dropping the engine a bit? ur joking? lol as far as i know it has an lsd... i thought they would be the same.. i hav the driveshafts for the old one only problem is tht there is no abs ring on them! :/ lol

weeJohn

Lifer
If you leave the drivers side mount on and remove the bolts from the other 2 mounts, you can lower the engine down with a jack under the sump (use a bit of wood between the 2) enough to get the box out easily. If it was an aftermarket diff you had in the box it will be a straight swap to the GT box, if it was a Toyota LSD box then there will be differences, this thread should tell you how to spot the differences.

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums...dard-LSD-Identification&p=1056120#post1056120

ABS rings can be took off with a screwdriver easily, they are only pushed onto the joints, dont forget to use nothing else but 75W/90 gearbox oil when refilling it.

thanks very much wee john! its a toyota one as far as i know... not too sure... its off a tuned engine... wud i be aswell jus puttin the tuned engine in it aswell? or can i keep the majority off the stuff connected wile dropping it as i would like to sell the other engine?

and dark night... unfortunatly im not lol shes runnin around 160... was goin to put a td05 on it too... glad i didnt lol

weeJohn

Lifer
If its a Toyota LSD you will need to change the drivers side shaft, the rear engine mount and the dust cover from behind the flywheel as well if you are not putting another Toyota LSD box in.