dilema to strip or sell as whole?

turbo-fever

Member +
right people i am in need of some help it is starting to look like i am going to have to get rid of my starlet (look in the post about going down manhole u will understand lol)

basically is it worth selling the car complete with no engine as a whole if so how much would i expect to get (specs are in members garage) or strip off all the parts and sell just a basic rolling shell then all the parts seperate?

dac69er

Super Moderator
if you have the time,space and can be bothered then you will always make more breaking the car.

if you have loads of little mods then break it for definite. if its almost stock then its probably better to sell as it is as stock bits dont usually shift as quickly so getting the money may take alot longer.

I have been in the same situation in the past out of work and with a broken starlet.
What I did was sell of my turbo setup and some other bits and that paid for a new engine, if your willing to put the work in, you will come out of it with a starlet still.
Because I'm sure a few months down the line you will be wanting another.

If not I will have a few bits of you after Xmas.

turbo-fever

Member +
I have been in the same situation in the past out of work and with a broken starlet.
What I did was sell of my turbo setup and some other bits and that paid for a new engine, if your willing to put the work in, you will come out of it with a starlet still.
Because I'm sure a few months down the line you will be wanting another.

If not I will have a few bits of you after Xmas.

well been wanting to change car for a little while now just wondering if i should do it now whilst the car is broken, i will come back to starlets as i dont think there are many cars that can compare to them fun wise. just think i need to drive few other cars for a little while see wats out there.

also this would be the second time i would have to replace the engine as last time was my fault i bent a rod at santapod :p so instead of spending £500 or so i could put that towards another car

GTnomez

Member +
okay ile go first, if you do then i want the cage! (assuming it the one in your garage)

In anwer to you question, it would be better to strip the car and sell the goodies instead with them on engineless

sanchez

Member +
Oh poo that roll cage is nice 2nd dibs lol
do you still have the old one?

bodywork looks mint too mate??

turbo-fever

Member +
would i be askin to much to sell the whole shell (interior, lights, dash, loom, brakes etc) plus my rota's, d2's and the rollcage and toad alarm, momo steering wheel for 1400? seems fair if u add up all the parts included

Last edited:

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Im in the same boat mate, bought a second starlet with the bottom end humped but has some goodys on it that i could easily strip, but then again even if i rebuilt the engine with all new toyota parts i could still make money on it ... tough choice, hope you choose the right one!