Dilemma- To Break or Sell

conalmcn

Member +
Ok so a month ago i bought my first glanza, it was a 98 facelift white one in pretty good nick and tbf i got it at decent enough money which is what attracted me to it. had a massive spec running 191bhp with a printout. had an apexi avcr, emu, fmic, fmoc, hybrid ct9 list of other stuff. Problem is i moved from an ep3 civic and about a week after i had the glanza i missed the civic. its nothing to do with the power or anything its just inside ep3s are very well specced and comfortable, so last week i seen a supercharged ep3 at fair money and bought it. Now im stuck with the two. Obviously i want to keep the ep3 but I dont know what to do with the glanza. I put it up for sale a few weeks ago for 2600 which i thought was fair (no tax or test and is southern reg, test is just up but) I dont want to mot and tax it in the North as it will likely put southern buyers of and i dont want to spend any more money on it. But iv had no viewers and very little interest. So i'm debating breaking the car, am i wise? :(

dac69er

Super Moderator
time of the year probably doesnt help mate.
would be a shame to break a half decent car.

at the end of the day its your choice mate. will always make more breaking the car. but then its all extra hassle

jonny-boi32

Member +
seen this on jon44w, looks well, obvoiusly not having tax and mot is putting northern irish folk off, and prob at that price most will think there is something wrong with it, personally i did. unfortunately i think your either gonna have to aim at the north or south, and spend a penny to make a pound. ie, tax and mot it to get a sale.

conalmcn

Member +
seen this on jon44w, looks well, obvoiusly not having tax and mot is putting northern irish folk off, and prob at that price most will think there is something wrong with it, personally i did. unfortunately i think your either gonna have to aim at the north or south, and spend a penny to make a pound. ie, tax and mot it to get a sale.

lol thanks for being honest lad. well its only been rebuilt in may with all new parts by east coast customs with receipts. I dont know what to do. may break it if i cant sell it soon

conalmcn

Member +
neither!

simple the answer

lol well mate i would like to keep it but i have a diesel car, and im at uni during the week anyway so civic will be the weekend car of choice, its every bit the sleeper the glanza is and has aircon nice big comfy interior (type r's are unbelievably spacious inside) and looks really good. so it has to be one or the other unfortunately.

Wuldo

Fresh Recruit
if you break it i might buy the full shell as a rolling shell im looking for a white depending on what you want for the shell and what nick its in

Mark-ep91

Member +
did you throw it up for sale on donedone?

you could put it back to standard and sell all the moddified parts too!

conalmcn

Member +
Wuldo pm'd

Mark Considering breaking it tbh and mayby letting it go near standard or else completely stripping it and selling as a rolling shell. If i can get around 2400 for it by either method i will be happy. can't really understand why it hasnt sold though as its a hell of a lot of car for the money. lesser specced ones are asking minimum 1000 more than me.