Dimensions of Zep Racing Engine Torque Damper Brackets

nyahbingi

Member +
2Ners,

I am making a custom engine torque damper and i need to have some dimensions to get the brackets made up.

Does anyone have a Zep Racing EP82 Engine Torque Damper sitting around that hasnt been fitted yet and willing to give me some dimensions for the chassis bracket?

I have labelled the dimensions A - J (for the brackets themself) and 1 - 4 (to get the CENTRE of the bolt holes from the edge of the bracket) as in the picture below

Some may ask why go through all this trouble, the answer is simple since this torque damper is fairly expensive/non readily available in my country i have purchased a generic damper and going to fab the brackets myself. Also the original bracket design from ZEP would be designed in such a way to hold the torque damper firmly without putting stress on the shock head bolts.

All help will be greatly appreciated.

weeJohn

Lifer
Will the brackets fit your damper if its a different size from the Zep damper????

The strut mount braket should be ok but no gaurantees the engine mount braket will match.

Dave.

Member +
I do have one, but god knows where it is, I'll not be able to dig it out till Monday evening though. I'll have a look then and get back to you Monday night - if I forget send me a pm or something and I'll definitely dig it out.

Dave

nyahbingi

Member +
I do have one, but god knows where it is, I'll not be able to dig it out till Monday evening though. I'll have a look then and get back to you Monday night - if I forget send me a pm or something and I'll definitely dig it out.

Dave

Mate this will be greatly appreciated! Thank you inadvance.

Dave.

Member +
Right dude! Dug it out and here's what you need:

A - 176mm (approx 60 degree bend)
B - Hard to measure exactly what you need, because of how it's shaped, it's at 90 degrees the section with three holes (marked 1+2) and cut an angle. Raised 45mm at the highest point, and B (as marked) is 50mm
C - 20mm
D - 100mm
E - 23mm
F - 93mm
G - 30mm
H - 60mm
I - 80mm (the angle at H-I is approx 75 degrees)
J - 35mm

(for the holes - I've measured from the centre of each).
1 - 10mm
2 - 15mm
3 - 15mm
4 - 30mm

If you need the measurements for piece with sides F-G let me know, oh and each piece is 5mm thick :)

Hope this helps, and get in touch if you need anything else, I've put it in the cupboard in my living room for easy access :haha:

Dave

Last edited: