Dissapointed after RR

shanew1108

Fresh Recruit
Bought my glanza last week yey...........
its got performance downpipe de cat straight through exhaust blitz filter......brought it home.................
and got dicked all over by my mates standard glanza ;(
so today it went on the rolling road to see what was up, first turbo car so im not really clued up YET lol,
SO on the rolling road it only made 129bhp at the wheels :(
turbo to exhaust down pipe gasket blowing like hell and maybe the manifold, everything else is ok, boosting to 10psi and holding, would that gasket really make it loose that much power?

its going to be my little hobby over the summer so any ideas guys where i go from now, new manifold ? fmic ? a little help would be great lads i want this baby to bee seeing good bhp figures in the not so little future..

Few pics of her.

151.jpg

147.jpg

149.jpg

155.jpg

153.jpg

Last edited:

stuart

Member +
129 is fine for standard Glanza. Remember your car is what 13 years old? Yes a cracked manifold or a blowing gasket will lose you a fair amount of BHP. Also that filter you have on there is probably more restrictive than the standard air box setup. :)

Standard was only 133 when intially released - iirc?

GTdan

In The Closet
so 129 @ the wheels not at the fly??

if so that sounds about right - but if its blowing, then it will be losing power there.

i would say a new manifold and fmic and replace gaskets and a full service should be next on ya shopping list.

ChrisGT

Member +
129 at the wheels is good! That means your flywheel horsepower is 148 (at 15% transmission loss) which is a considerable amount over standard! That is v. good for the mods you have mate.

ChrisGT

Member +
thats at the fly too.

Your results about right mate, mines standard GT 1995 and made 109 ATW

Ha mine made 109atw ages ago too! High five! :rockon:

The stock figures are (taken from a Japanese video ages ago, I can't remember what one!):

135PS @ 6400RPM (115PS Lo boost)
16KGM @ 4800RPM (14.5KGM Lo boost)

135PS is 133BHP (1ps = 0.9864BHP)
16KGM is 115lb/ft (1lb/ft =0.138254954399kgm)

So a stock GT should be 133bhp at the flywheel and 115lbft. I'd imagine its very similar for a Glanza but with slightly more torque.

Last edited:

starbogt

Member +
Mine was only 100 @ the wheels at 1 bar on the CT9 ! high torque though... 129 is damn good if mani is blowing too! Your mates must be moddified then

shanew1108

Fresh Recruit
thanks guys, any ideas of good manifold and fmic? mid range ! and also where can i get the gaskets from? maybe my friends lying a little and has a little more under the bonnet than he's letting on eh? hks actuator just come 2day so ill get that fitted with manifold and fmic.

GTdan

In The Closet
think will speak for all when i say just dont buy an autobahn manifold - try and get a mild steel one - cost from £240-350 new, but are very good (available from traders, speedvision, dane at SPS, zisco, wepr, dave at tm develpments etc etc) have a look on the traders section - or wait for one to pop up 2nd hand - depends on ya budget.

again same with fmic - range from 250-800 new - unlike the manifolds autobahn are pretty good in this department as the style is copied of blitz, just cheaper, again the traders can sort you out here.

ChrisGT

Member +
Mine was only 100 @ the wheels at 1 bar on the CT9 ! high torque though... 129 is damn good if mani is blowing too! Your mates must be moddified then

100 at the wheels? Bimey! I made 109atw on 10Psi! lol Think mine was 135atw @ 1Bar. I really want to get it RR'ed as it is now (pretty much stock bar de-cat, filter, exhaust) and see what its running! lol

starbogt

Member +
100 at the wheels? Bimey! I made 109atw on 10Psi! lol Think mine was 135atw @ 1Bar. I really want to get it RR'ed as it is now (pretty much stock bar de-cat, filter, exhaust) and see what its running! lol

My timing was 18degrees btdc though and he didn't know what standard settings were(at that point I said bye).

ChrisGT

Member +
Are you sure it was 129 at the wheels? Because that is actually a very good result mate! Can't see a standard Glanza being quicker (unless you're a shocking driver! :p )

starbogt

Member +
Not heard any bad reports about HDI pretty much an intercooler is an intercooler the size of pipes depends on the application.

Glanza_cl

Member +
must be at the fly with only those mods.

i run a HDI fmic lovely bit of kit will need a little trim of the bumper but nothing crazy (unless you still have aircon)