DIY TOM's style adjustable spoiler

jezza

Lifer
DIY TOM's style adjustable spoiler *with pics*

I have a spare EP82 spoiler and decided I want to make it adjustable. So far, I've done the difficult bit of cutting the OE spoiler into 3 sections and removed 10mm from the ends to allow for the thickness of the alloy brackets. I hope I've cut it completely symmetrical!

I've modelled the brackets and hope to get them CNC'd soon. Then it will be a case of bonding the brackets onto each open end and maybe get it resprayed before fitting.

Didn't fancy spending a fortune on a TOM's spoiler so I'll hopefully have the next best thing.

Will post up pics when its fitted.

DSCN1261.jpg

spoiler4.jpg

spoiler5.jpg

spoiler2.jpg

spoiler1.jpg

Last edited:

jezza

Lifer
I'm not gonna modify the shape at all. I'm pretty crap at body work. I'd end up ruining it if I tried. The only resemblence to TOM's will be the adjustment!

Hopefully won't be too long until I have it fitted.

dac69er

Super Moderator
I'm not gonna modify the shape at all. I'm pretty crap at body work. I'd end up ruining it if I tried. The only resemblence to TOM's will be the adjustment!

Hopefully won't be too long until I have it fitted.

if you can find a good adjustment mechanism then you could always pair up with another trader and sort out making toms replica spoilers or something.

will be good to see ;)

jezza

Lifer
I'm not entirely sure how the TOM's mechanism works. Think the mechanism is moulded into the ends. That would mean massive tooling costs for inserts in the mould. I'd be happy to design the machanism along the same lines as above if someone wanted to produce the frp parts.

jezza

Lifer
Managed to get the brackets bonded last night so should be ready for first fit tonight, hail rain or shine!

Stay tuned for pics