Do i Have enough earthing?

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
Ok lads i got a Buddy Club Race Spec condenser in the post. and it had additional earthing cables with it so i thought to myself fuck it i may as well use them.

So here are a few pics ( never mind the dirth of the engine bay, there is a bit of work being done to the car in the near future so there is no point in cleaning it as the new parts will sort that. )

From memory here is what's earthed

Chassis in 5 separate places
alternator
Throttle body Twice
Gearbox
Engine block
Head in two places
Coil pack
plus i think a few more.......

Should this be enough :p

Oh and while i'm at it heres a pic of the Tbolt clamps that i put on. i'm short 3 but i can sort that soon.

Franza1

Did the condenser make any difference are your lights brighter, etc.. ?

it did seem to. it seems to idle better on cold too. i haven't really taken it for a proper drive yet so i can't give a full review. but it looks good so far

CMR

Member +
Did you have any issues cutting that WEPR pipe? I have the same issue with the relocation setup being too big.
I.e, lining it up to the lower pipe etc, as thats the one i find the most awkward to secure

(slightly off topic i know, feel free to pm me if you want :))

Franza1

Did you have any issues cutting that WEPR pipe? I have the same issue with the relocation setup being too big.
I.e, lining it up to the lower pipe etc, as thats the one i find the most awkward to secure

(slightly off topic i know, feel free to pm me if you want :))

only real issue i had was that it was rubbing slightly off of the power steering belt. i had to take about an inch out of the bottom pipe to get it pulled away enough so i wasn't paranoid but you could get away with it. my advice is to get a good set of jubalee clips for there or even them t-bolt clamps which i am very impressed with by the way

Franza1

I paid 120 dollars for it. yea they look pretty good. i'd say the amount of earthing i have is a bit of overkill. but i still have one or two earthing cables left so i may add a few more ha ha

Franza1

just took it for a good drive there. the lights do seem to be a bit brighter. it also seems to want to rev a bit quicker after 5k. seems to be a bit smother in power delivery too. could all be in my imagination too. ha ha ,So anything else i should be earthing?

Gryzor

Admin
Frankie, I think if your car got struck by lighting it'd be fine. :)..turbo?
Did you look at the apexi condensers too ?

Franza1

No mate to be honest i couldn't really find any reference to them or any solid feedback so i decide to go for the tried and tested one

CMR

Member +
only real issue i had was that it was rubbing slightly off of the power steering belt. i had to take about an inch out of the bottom pipe to get it pulled away enough so i wasn't paranoid but you could get away with it. my advice is to get a good set of jubalee clips for there or even them t-bolt clamps which i am very impressed with by the way

Ok mate cheers, Im contemplating cutting mine and adding a joiner like you have, only downside to the wepr fmic imo :(

addz

Member +
Seen this unit before, looks good bud.

Does it run on earth only? just that i am thinking how will it power the blue l.e.d's.

Wondered myself if it was worth getting one of these or not.

Franza1

What web site?

Got it off of Ebay.com

Seen this unit before, looks good bud.

Does it run on earth only? just that i am thinking how will it power the blue l.e.d's.

Wondered myself if it was worth getting one of these or not.

there is a positive and a negative. the positive charge is stored in he unit till there is an extra draw on the electrical system and instead of drawing it from the rest of the components on the system it takes it from the unit instead, so it's a bit like a charged buffer.

it is i'd say if you can justify spending the money on it. but to be honest i'd spend it on something else before hand. i was running out of things i wanted and that was near the end of the list

MWP

Member +
Ahh, what a wank fest....

The only time multiple grounding cables like this makes a difference is when the factory car has inadequate grounding (Starlets have good grounding), or when the factory cables/connectors have become faulty.

Put it on a dyno before and after adding the cables and you would see 0% difference.

Your just making your engine bay more complicated/messy for no gain.