Do i regap NGK Iridiums for my GT ???

DancerEP82

Member +
I understand that the NGK Iridiums BKR7 EIX come gapped already which from my research is 1.1mm ! but for my 1995 gt it needs 0.8 i think ?
Im running 1bar of boost with all support mods...

So im abit confused lol would be nice if someone had the answer ???

DancerEP82

Member +
i dont really want to be adjusting the gaps to much though ! as the iridiums are known for breaking so i just want to no if i leave them at 1.1mm or take them down to 0.8mm

dan_ep82

Member +
id carefully check the gap and gap em to spec, i doubt there 1.1mm though! too much of a gap and the boost could blow the spark out

DancerEP82

Member +
thats what i was thinking i just dont want to be pissing about with them to much coz nobody wants to be breaking new parts lol

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.
as far as im aware from the research iv done they come pregapped at 1.1mm

where are you getting the plugs ? i know for a fact the ones i got from camskill came pregapped to ,8 and i checked them with a feeler gauge as i reduced it to .6 :)

DancerEP82

Member +
not to sure yet buddy ! and this why i get so confused lol there is so much info on this fourm but you can never get the same answer lol

DancerEP82

Member +
yea i had a look at those earlier ! but i get trade at the local parts store down the road so im gonna see what price i can get them at !

DancerEP82

Member +
omg lol thats bad ! well at the end of the day money is money lol and we need lots of it haha thanks for the help buddy have some rep !

Nwimie

Member +
i tried regapping my irridiums and it misfired like fook. leave them on the gap they are it wont cause any issues

Paul_JJ

Member +
You don't gap iridium plugs, you can bend it easy! TM Dev sell Iridium Plugs very cheap, would be safer to get the new ones already pre gapped!

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
i had to gap mine as the came pre gapped but not all plugs where gapped the same! just check them with a feeler guage

dac69er

Super Moderator
standard gap is 1.1 mm.

i run about that on all my GTs and have no problems. you may need to reduce the gap if its more highly tuned though. its trial and error.

you should try and run as large a gap as you can (up to the stock 1.1mm) to obtain the strongest spark you can.