Do short shifters increase syncro wear?

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Was just thinking about these, the fact that your able to throw the car into another gear faster, does this increase syncro wear?

Maybe it doesn't make any difference at all, just curious.

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
no more than if you were to throw your car into gear with a normal shifter.

i find a shortshifter improves the feel and precision more than speed.

dac69er

Super Moderator
no more than if you were to throw your car into gear with a normal shifter.

i find a shortshifter improves the feel and precision more than speed.

hell yeah. my stock shifter feels like a slack grannies fanny compared to my short shifter. feels a bit crunchy and notchy with the stock shifter but feels so much better with my trd short shift.

Idrees

Banned
I've taken the short shifter out of mine, it was a TC one. I agree with Dub, only made it feel better but not a faster shifter. Stock one is better to drive with imo. However the TRD ones are awesome.

dac69er

Super Moderator
i hate the stock one. TRD one is great to drive with. really would like anohter one but they arent cheap :(

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
my TC was shite when i first fitted it for some reason, really stiff accross the gate. went back to the rubber selector bushes and increased sping tension on the shifter unit and now it's like butter :)

Sparky

Member +
i hate the stock one. TRD one is great to drive with. really would like anohter one but they arent cheap :(

I agree cant believe I sold mine £80 with the knob!!! Must of been off my face!!

Then again didnt know I was going to buy a GT at the time