Do the standard radiator pipes fit a civic rad?

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
Do the standard radiator pipes fit a civic rad? Just im changing due to the TD04 and would prefer not to be stuck after fitting the turbo
Cheers
Dan

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
Grand,though i might have to use samco

Cheers lads

Rep...have to spread some again before corey gets it

tbggreddy

Member +
hi, i recently changed my radiator to an aluminium civic one. my bottom hose was spot on, no kinks.. but my top one was another story. slight fiddling and it's flowing freely..

one side effect i have noticed so far is that my engine bay temps have risen dramatically.
radiator gets HOTT. but will soon be installing a reverse scoop and raising the rear of my bonnet to also help vent excess heat.

hi, i recently changed my radiator to an aluminium civic one. my bottom hose was spot on, no kinks.. but my top one was another story. slight fiddling and it's flowing freely..

one side effect i have noticed so far is that my engine bay temps have risen dramatically.
radiator gets HOTT. but will soon be installing a reverse scoop and raising the rear of my bonnet to also help vent excess heat.

invest in some heat wrap for manifolds / exhausts too

steo800

Member +
depends where exactly you mount the rad, but the stock hoses will fit.

i put a little dent in my down pipe to stop the bottom hose rubbing, and trimmed the top hose slightly to remove kink.

think there is a cable tie or 2(thick one) aswell on the bottom hose to help hold from downpipe

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
I'll do that:)
I'll be heat wrapping the decat but not the mani,heard they dont hold to good if heat wrapped to much

tbggreddy

Member +
invest in some heat wrap for manifolds / exhausts too

wll do, haven't changed to my new mani as yet, still have on the stock one =(

waiting on parts.. seems like forever
*sigh*

soon tho,, hehe, the lil black demon will be spiteful :drive: