Door Sensor

Crazy_eyes

Member +
i've fitted a new door and pluged in the 2 plugs from the door loom which go through to the car an into the footwell. I havn't put the doorcard on yet or conected the window switchs. The "door open" light is showing on my dash.

Is this as the doors not sitting correctly (looks goo to me though) or because everythings not connected up yet ?

just putting this question up before i put the door fully back together.

Thanks

dark_knight

Member +
door switches

your 'door open' light on the dash feeds off switches on the B-pillar just under where the lock/latch is. it has nothing to do with the door wiring loom that actually goes into the door. check that all is well with the switches -- they ground to earth (chassis) to complete the circuit when the door/s is/are open. hope that helps..
hoping too that i understood you correctly..

Crazy_eyes

Member +
your 'door open' light on the dash feeds off switches on the B-pillar just under where the lock/latch is. it has nothing to do with the door wiring loom that actually goes into the door. check that all is well with the switches -- they ground to earth (chassis) to complete the circuit when the door/s is/are open. hope that helps..
hoping too that i understood you correctly..

thanks, it does help now i can get all the door back together knowing that it will not have to come apart again.
Rep added :)

dark_knight

Member +
cheers lad. glad to be of assistance.. :)
before you seal everything all up, it would be a plus to check/test your door accessories. i'm assuming you have power windows + mirrors..? give them a go before piecing everything back together.. :)

Crazy_eyes

Member +
will do and yes i have, i had to fit the door on my own which was a bit of a mess about had to balance it on a railway sleeper and an old rear bench seat to line it up all this and a race against day light :)

dark_knight

Member +
door alignment

you should have got a mate to just hold the door up for you as you bolted it in. would have made for a much quicker installation as i know they can be quite heavy! hope you torqued it in properly aligned so that it sits right with the frame..

Crazy_eyes

Member +
you should have got a mate to just hold the door up for you as you bolted it in. would have made for a much quicker installation as i know they can be quite heavy! hope you torqued it in properly aligned so that it sits right with the frame..

yup, im thinking it's proberly not bang on aligned, thats proberlly whats up with the door sensor, as soon as missus gets home from work ill have a look

dark_knight

Member +
to completely rule out the alignment (assuming your switch is good and you only swapped one door), just press the door switch with your finger and see if the dash light goes out. if it does, then you will have confirmed your alignment fears. if not, then you probably have another problem.. :)