double din stereo removal

finch53

Member +
hey, picked my beastie up today, really chuffed other than i need to change the spark plugs, anyway...
it has a jvc kw mcd400 double din stereo in and i want to take it out, cant see any gaps down the side for removal keys, im quite compitent with fitting audio equipment, just wondering if its a bolt in jobby and i have to start taking the dash apart?
cheers, phil.

finch53

Member +
i thought that was the case.
thanks for the help lads, the write up made things clear.

another question thought, i think it the origional jap stereo, the guy said hed put a bandwidth expander on, should this work with this stereo, is he pulling my leg or will it only work with a uk stereo?

btw, rep added.

cheers, phil.

whiteglanzav

Member +
it should work, it just broadens the signal range that the ariel recieves just try tuning it in to hallam or galaxy and make sure ur ariel is all the way up kos wen its down on my glanzza it gets no signal at all !!

finch53

Member +
ok mate, will try with the ariel up in the morning as i pushed it down before i tried the stereo, never thought of that haha.

only thing that makes me think he hasnt put one on is that it gets to 90 then goes back to 70...

cheers for the advice though.

durmz

Member +
my radio is absolute fucking wank, does my head in, cant even get radio 1 in half the places, bin through 3 head units trying to get it to work...i miss the radio

monka

Member +
ok mate, will try with the ariel up in the morning as i pushed it down before i tried the stereo, never thought of that haha.

only thing that makes me think he hasnt put one on is that it gets to 90 then goes back to 70...

cheers for the advice though.

it doesnt work like what you fink it will mate.

instead of having radio one at say 98.2, it will be at 73.6 or something like that, you have to search around and see whats where, best to have another radio next to you when programming the presets to work out what is what

DURMZ, cut the old aerial plug off that goes to the headunit (car side) and replace it with a new one, i have done this on a few cars and it helps

also check the connection where it goes to the exteral aerial, give it a clean up etc

durmz

Member +
it doesnt work like what you fink it will mate.

instead of having radio one at say 98.2, it will be at 73.6 or something like that, you have to search around and see whats where, best to have another radio next to you when programming the presets to work out what is what

DURMZ, cut the old aerial plug off that goes to the headunit (car side) and replace it with a new one, i have done this on a few cars and it helps

also check the connection where it goes to the exteral aerial, give it a clean up etc

ive cleaned up everything in the line to the aerial, will try cutting off the plug and replacing, dint think of tht thanks