Drink driving/new drink laws

MJA

Member +
did anyone listen to the news on radio one last week when they were discussing drink driving amongst young people? the stats were something crazy, like 1 in 5 teenagers has driven whilst drunk, and 1 in 14 has driven whilst using drugs.

there were 6267 members on the old forum, so on average according to those stats 1253 members on this forum have driven drunk, and 447 on drugs!! (on average, obviously i doubt many people on this forum are amongst the 1 in 5/1 in 14 that do). That is pretty scray, i deffinetly think alcohol should be banned for all young drivers, and the punishment should be......:shoot:

opinions anyone?

goldenvtr

Member +
Im alright because i dont drink or do drugs :p but most the chavs i see driving look spaced out there heads...

AdDaMan

Member +
i NEVER drink drive and never will....but i may occasionally be guilty of the other said crime lol

Craig

Lifer
i NEVER drink drive and never will....but i may occasionally be guilty of the other said crime lol

Junkie!!! LoL, kidding :p

Most I've driven on is 1 bottle which is legal, never do more - license is to important to me :)

Jules-B

Member +
i was going to say most people on here do not drink n drive..but im sure a few smoke and drive..
the amount of kids who dont really care. is just silly
hence insurance prices being so high!

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
I'll be honest i Drunk and drove once about about 4 years ago not in the Glanza in my first car, My mate was ahead of me in another car Same situation, I seen how he was driving taking stupid risks so i parked the car up and Walked home from there, Only drove about a mile, Regreted it ever since, Stupid Thing to do

Idrees

Banned
Never drank alcohol and never smoked a drug, but I've never driven legally either :p

Last edited:

Dave.

Member +
so far i've been good, won't drive at all under booze or drugs at all...

License means to much to me, nevermind how horrible you'd feel if you caused anyone any injury..

Craig

Lifer
nevermind how horrible you'd feel if you caused anyone any injury..

Or more importantly, if you damaged your car!!!!

Kidding!! I fully agree, it's not your own life, it's other people around you! Not a risk worth taking as far as I'm concerned!

99glanzav

Banned
ditto lol

i dont drink and drive,i was in a very bad car accident years ago which involved two drunks who decided to crash into a car i was in...the drunk driver died and his passenger was very bad too(dunno if he survived)...neither had insurance either:( personally i dont think theres much wrong with a few smokes and drive but thats only my view:)