drinking petrol:( please help

Mark-ep91

Member +
right lads im only getting 60km out of €10 of petrol. Thats 240km out of a full tank. And i dont be racing around the place thats just cruising and motorway driving. Seems to waste the same still if im using turbo alot.

it has a decat,full exhaust, new iridium plugs new rotor in the dizzy just serviced a few weeks ago

any ideas what could be causing this?

turboflow

Member +
i know it sounds stupid but mine blew an injector seal randomly once and drank fuel, well it actually pissed it every where but not really enough to seem anything more than unburnt

Mark-ep91

Member +
a drop in compression would cause poor fuel consumpsion, check your compression on all four

ill check my injectors there now id need to bring it to a garage and check the compression what compression should i have on all 4 pistons do you no?

glanzanut

Lifer
also what mods do you have? does the car seem to run ok?
just thinking if you have an rrfpr or similar she could be running very rich.:freddy:

Mark-ep91

Member +
also what mods do you have? does the car seem to run ok?
just thinking if you have an rrfpr or similar she could be running very rich.:freddy:

i have ported mani,autobahn decat,apexi catback,autobahn front mount intercooler,front mount air filter, hks actuator think thats it!dont have rrfpr by the way

runs okay to .7 bar but not boosting past .7 bar cause it hesitates could be fuel related too?

Quick Nick

Member +
well I have same mods as you except the FMIC and I had to install an RRFPR to support 13psi otherwise there would no way be enough fuel going in.

They say you need to up fuel pressure from 2.4 to 3.0BAR when running 1 Bar of boost, so I am thinking perhaps the ECU is extremely confused...get an RRFPR and turn up the fuel to support your extra boost ability.

I know this sounds illogical as you are using 'too much' fuel, but looking at your description of mods etc I cant imagine the engine would be running correctly on standard fuel pressure anyway, and ECU has strange tendancies to make up for it...

Mark-ep91

Member +
well I have same mods as you except the FMIC and I had to install an RRFPR to support 13psi otherwise there would no way be enough fuel going in.

They say you need to up fuel pressure from 2.4 to 3.0BAR when running 1 Bar of boost, so I am thinking perhaps the ECU is extremely confused...get an RRFPR and turn up the fuel to support your extra boost ability.

I know this sounds illogical as you are using 'too much' fuel, but looking at your description of mods etc I cant imagine the engine would be running correctly on standard fuel pressure anyway, and ECU has strange tendancies to make up for it...

thanks man must get a rrfpr so i say and see if it sorts it out!much difference going from .7 bar to 1.0 bar?

dellybeans

Member +
Mine seems to be like that to 55 out of tenner i just keep topping it up long drives its grand do. Like if i was driving to Gorey would just barely touch the juice ? Front mount redirected filer to front bumper cat bck ?

Cuffbertt

Fresh Recruit
i was gettin 170 miles to a tank on my Glanza about a month ago, turns out my lambda sensor was shagged. got a replacement off ebay for like £15 and now im gettin about 240 to a tank lol. could this be your problem?

TO82

Member +
i have ported mani,autobahn decat,apexi catback,autobahn front mount intercooler,front mount air filter, hks actuator think thats it!dont have rrfpr by the way

runs okay to .7 bar but not boosting past .7 bar cause it hesitates could be fuel related too?

You dont need an aftermarket FPR at 0.7 bar mate, and ye any more boost and the stock ecu will get real rich thats why you feel a bit of hesitation up around fuel cut.

Try doing a diagnostic check see if it brings anything up, could be your lambda sensors fucked or sumat.

Quick Nick

Member +
You dont need an aftermarket FPR at 0.7 bar mate, and ye any more boost and the stock ecu will get real rich thats why you feel a bit of hesitation up around fuel cut.

Try doing a diagnostic check see if it brings anything up, could be your lambda sensors fucked or sumat.

You wont need one if you are only looking for .7Bar however my understanding is that you are running more than that but it CANT boost past .7 hence a problem? 2.4Bar fuel pressure simply not enough when running much more than standard boost.

TO82

Member +
You wont need one if you are only looking for .7Bar however my understanding is that you are running more than that but it CANT boost past .7 hence a problem? 2.4Bar fuel pressure simply not enough when running much more than standard boost.

The ecu will fuel up to fuel cut, at 0.9 bar or sumwhere around there, then the ecu will cut the fuel to prevent the turbo over boosting. If hes looking to up the boost to 1 bar, which would should see a nice improvement in power, then yes he will need to buy a FPR, as well as a FCD.

Chris@CCM

Member +
Nick that's not rite at all ! Do what to82 says and do a check I get over 400kms to a tank and I'm running 260hp

Mark-ep91

Member +
thanks all for your help where will i find an 02 sensor on ebay? ill probly try this first too see if it works if its only gonna cost me €30 or so cause i waste 30 on petrol every 3 days over this problem

Big_Daddy

Member +
On my starlet, jus a with stage 1 mods, stock boost wise, i used to get 110km to £10 quid of vpower, thats local driving with mixed boost driving. you shoudl get @ least 85km for a tenner