Drivers door problem

junior_G

Member +
Hi guys,

seem to be having a problem with the drivers door.. there a fair bit of play in the door (passenger is solid) but it still shuts fine, however when driving either accelrating or cornering theres a knocking noise. I thought it was coming from the arch poss. one of the joints but im led to believe its the hinge or internals of door.

has anybody had the same issue and what is actually req to fix this ?

cheers :beer:

glen

s.murphy

Leinster Area Rep.
Usually is the door hinges mate. With the door open grab it at the bottom and see if it will lift up and down a bit. Hinges very common problem with these so thats what i would be looking at first.

Stuart

junior_G

Member +
aye, there is play up n down.. im lost on how to solve this though n dont fancy takin the door apart unless i kno wat tryin to fix ?

s.murphy

Leinster Area Rep.
Its the hinges themselves mate. Possibly only one but i would replace the two if i were you just for peace of mind. Get someone to move the door up and down while you look in at the hinge and you will see the play in it for yourself. Have the same problem with my project, only i have to do all 4 hinges :)

s.murphy

Leinster Area Rep.
Think you will have to order off toyota mate if you want brand new. But it will then need painting. Might pick up a second hand one in decent condition but not likely.

jonny-boi32

Member +
as above jus new hinges, had that prob in my last gt. funny enought a actually need new hinges for my new one. i got a set of hinges of jay.