driveshaft

alexperry

Fresh Recruit
hi guys ive snapped my passanger driveshaft on my p reg starlet turbo running a td04 turbo can i use any driveshaft even tho mines a inport would b very greatfull ov the help

bongskag

Member +
yes, just make sure you get the right ones for your car, LSD or non-lsd. not sure if auto driveshafts are different too , just measure the new one before putting it on,

alexperry

Fresh Recruit
cheers m8 i didnt realise how hard it was to get parts so take mine off an measure it an i shouldnt have a problem coz ive been offerd an older starlet turbo one an pray that itll fit

AdamB

Member +
You need to get one with the right number of splines on the shaft otherwise it won't go in the hub.

alexperry

Fresh Recruit
if you no ov n e one selling them id b more than happy to take it of there hands do u no if an ep 82 will fit an ep 91

AdamB

Member +
You best bet is to count the splines yourself if you can get the driveshaft out, then find one with the right amount of splines you need.

Texx

Super Moderator
If you get a complete shaft with the CV joints attached, it'll fit. However if your EP91 has ABS then you'll need to make sure you get hold of a shaft that has a toothed ring around the outer CV joint.

alexperry

Fresh Recruit
jus put a drive shaft on an lasted 25 seconds snaped again it fitted strate in had the abs on it wot else could it b n e one wanna buy a td04 starlet turbo

matt walters

Member +
you sure your brake on that side isnt stuck on or something? should be no reason unless youve just used a wank shaft.

also is it the actual shaft thats snapped or the cv joint?

alexperry

Fresh Recruit
the actual shaft keeps snapping its a bloody joke i dont no if its to much boost or sumthing i bought a second hand shaft so there is a chance it could b shite it jus snaps an gearbox oil goes everywhere im pretty much stuck i love the car an my god its quick is there a company out there that has uprated shafts for it coz im starting to loose patience

Texx

Super Moderator
You shouldn't lose any gearbox oil from snapping a driveshaft. Can you post up any photos of the damage?

alexperry

Fresh Recruit
im new on here but if u tell me how id b more than happy to if i can get sum help coz id love to keep the car its got alot ov money spent on it

AdamB

Member +
Theres no way you will be snapping driveshafts on a td04 turbo. If you got oil coming out it might be a cv joint problem.
Get some pics up of both the snapped shafts and gearbox if you can.

alexperry

Fresh Recruit
it looks as tho the guy who put the shaft on kept the old bit in the box an jus slid the old one in to it im gna add pics asap do u think coz he didnt change that it could b the problem