driving into europe.

sam starlet

Member +
hey guys im going to the nurburgring on 2nd of may and my passport runs out in August, ive been told that in europe it only needs to be valid for the time of holiday and not some other 6 month rule that i have heard too.
ive tried searching on the internet but can not find sweet F A on the subject.
can someone shed some light on this matter.?

any help would be much appreciated also,

many thanks in advanced

sam

gv1.3

Admin
hey guys im going to the nurburgring on 2nd of may and my passport runs out in August, ive been told that in europe it only needs to be valid for the time of holiday and not some other 6 month rule that i have heard too.
ive tried searching on the internet but can not find sweet F A on the subject.
can someone shed some light on this matter.?

any help would be much appreciated also,

many thanks in advanced

sam

Hi Sam,

I think you only need to have a passport with 6 months on it if you are travelling somewhere that you need a visa to gain entry or the USA which has the visa waiver scheme.

As far as I know there is no minimum required for travel within the EU so long as you will be returning before it expires.

To be on the safe side I would contact these guys and double check http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-living-abroad/travel-advice-by-country/

s.murphy

Leinster Area Rep.
At the time of the strike in the passport offices over here alot of people were waiting on new passports as theres had less than six months left but some "expert" said they didnt even need a new one once the passport is still in date the day you return home. As said above though make sure you confirm this as I could be wrong.

sam starlet

Member +
thanks for your help guys rep added.
aved me shtting myself now!!

Mods that website is brilliant for any one travelling abroad as it has something on their callled "register with us to help us locate you", this means that all you do is register your passprt details with them and what countries you are going to and they then inform thhe british embassy's that you will be travelling there and should you get into trouble or have your passport stolen they can locate you quicker and help yoou alot faster.

thanks

sam