Driving license fixed penalty

Adam-Gt-

Member +
well basically i got caught speeding in feburary was doing 40 in a 30 so nothing major , they give me the ticket told me what to do so on when i went down police station with my license they said they need my paper part which i lost and they told me to ring a number for a extension on it so i rang the number they said pay the fine and sort out ya license when you can

so i paid the fine and tottally forgot about the license part until today i got a £60 refund and a letter saying because i havent surrendered my license the fixed penatly is no longer allowed and i will be contacted shortly

has anyone else ever done this and what happened ?

Texx

Super Moderator
The offence will likely be dealt with by the magistrates court, so you'll probably receive a court summons.

Texx

Super Moderator
I shouldn't worry yourself too much, just apologise and explain the situation to the magistrate if and when you get there. The likelihood is the court will deal with the offence with same penalty as the fixed notice, but your probably going to have to pay court costs on top. I would advise you to get you license up together and take it with you to the court on the day and be prepared to pay up there and then.

I won't lecture you on the rules of the road, but in future keep an eye on your speed as 30mph limits are the worst ones to go breaking.