Driving on High/Low boost?

ste-glanza

Member +
Hi lads,
Basicly im very pararnoid about my car because i have a standard mani and running 1
bar boost and ive been told some awful stories
I have a jam actuator preset to a bar, i know that much, ive heard if you switch to low boost it will be boosting at 0.7bar? is this true? wouldnt that defeat the purpose of a preset actuator?
And does it make any difference driving on low boost or high all the time?

Cheers

what other mods do you have? fcd?aftermarket ecu? as you cant run 1 bar with out these would just hit fuel cut would change manifold before running 1 bar mate standard manifold

Last edited:
dont know what mods you have? i would change to a aftermarket manifold before running 1 bar

Get afr checked on rolling road after fitting aftermarket manifold

Other mods would be de-cat, aftermarket exhaust system, air filter, fmic, boost gauge

ste-glanza

Member +
dont know what mods you have? i would change to a aftermarket manifold before running 1 bar

Get afr checked on rolling road after fitting aftermarket manifold

Other mods would be de-cat, aftermarket exhaust system, air filter, fmic, boost gauge

oh i know the mods alrite, i have a nur spec, hks air filter, hks boost controller, hks boost gauge but only a tmic

Rev

Member +
When I got my car I was told run was run at 9 psi ct9a basically stock and high revs I was running at 12psi with bigger injectors for a short time and the stock mani cracked.

Last edited: