Driving without fpr

Eoin_G

Member +
hello folks wel got the tdo4 setup done and just wondering will my car be ok to run with the bigger fuel pump and injectors(330s) without the fpr (i have ordered just hasnt came yet)

thanks
eoin

Chris@CCM

Member +
u dont realy need bigger injectors mate and even tho most ppl will say u cant fuel a td04 on just a rrfpr. i was helping ted off the site this with just a rrfpr and a pump it was fueling fine even a bit on the rich side @1bar of boost.

Adam_Glanza

Member +
it depends wat your asking..

do you want it so you can get to a tuner and set it up,

or do you mean can you drive it like normal and give it some welly?

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
I run mine on a rrfpr at .8 bar, fueling was checked though on the RR and was perfect.

G

gaz_turbo1

i had my 1st starlet set up on standard fuel press reg and made 215bhp on unichip:p

simonjp

Member +
i got a hybrid and a manifold on standard fpr (waiting for 330cc's, sard rrfpr and e manage.

i never boost to full boost.hit 6 grand at the most. lotta lag at the momoent only kicks in at 5. only once in a while. dont rag her everywhere.

will mine just blow up :( im scared now.

Spoonz

Member +
answer to the question you can drive it it'll be fine just say of the throttle wen tempted to give it some. But i do know a few ppl running up to 0.8 on standard ecu and there cars run fine and A/F ratios are good

Eoin_G

Member +
cheers folks can i go into the boost if i dont put the injectors and pump in until i get the fpr? its running standard ecu just waiting to get my unichip put in and mapped

Rory

Lifer
Eoin,

You should be fine with the pump and 330's in there.
As long as you keep the boost under the standard fuel cut, then your good to go, and that you dont thrash the car everywhere.

If anything, the car will run richer with the 330 injectors, and pump, as the standard ECU cant control the bigger injectors (afaik)

Rory

Eoin_G

Member +
so i should be ok to run 0.8 bar? its just for a week or two til my fpr comes.would i just be beter to leave the injectors and fuel pump out and fit them when the fpr comes?

eoin

-Harry-

Member +
cheers folks can i go into the boost if i dont put the injectors and pump in until i get the fpr? its running standard ecu just waiting to get my unichip put in and mapped

Why are you buying a fpr? Stock one broken?

Youll only need a reg if your upping the pressure beyond stock which I doubt will be neccessary on the td04.

You can run 200bhp with stock injectors and pump too btw. My car originally had a td04 kit and unichip, stock pump, injectors, reg and made that easily and safely. Id still do the pump for piece of mind though. These cars are getting old now.

Just wait till everything is with you and on the car before getting the car mapped. Put the vacumn hose from the compressor to the wastegate and you should only get 6-8psi which the stock ecu will deal with fine. If your really nervous about running boost then just take the actuator arm off till you get it mapped.

Last edited:

Eoin_G

Member +
thanks for the reply mate just take it easy then hopfully should be up and running within the next couple of weeks just dont want to cause any damage before then:p

eoin