Dump valve location ?

conorIRLgt

Member +
Well lads after going td04 and wondering where is the best to have dumpvalve hot or cold side and how close to the inlet have heard mixed reviews ?

StarletNutter

Member +
theres a pic of nine,give you an idea

2013-03-10155420.jpg

Rev

Member +
My approach is hot side for 4 reasons.
> It is meant to protect the compressor it is closer to the compressor.
> When it dumps it dumps hotter air so helps intercooler efficiency.
> With auto gear change cool side long route pipes remain pressureised so lessons lag.
> The blue people are getting tough on mods and want no fuel venting, cool side has possibility (?) of sucking the fuel vapour coming in the inlet from the pcv while hot side is pressurised all the way back to the inlet manifold and is freshly filtered air that is venting.

AdamB

Member +
Doesn't really make much difference. Race engines use them on the hot side, but they also use them to control boost.

dark_knight

Member +
as has been mentioned already, no major performance differences. just maybe (in my experience) when you place it on the hot-side, you get more 'whoosh' whilst placing it on the cold side gives you more chatter (squirrels). i had my setup just like you on the cold side but loved the squirrels so much that i ditched the DV altogether. now i have squirrel chatter all day everyday.. :D & i don't mind it one bit since i'm not trying to save 0.375 seconds in between shifts anyway.. :p

bongskag

Member +
i had to put mine on the hot side, no takeoff on the t/b i/c pipe, and yes its louder for some reason, . I do miss seeing it in the engine bay tho. its now under my td04 im gonna loosen the screw to get a more gentle whoosshh, right now it seems a little harsh PTTSHHHHHHH!!