Dump valve not dumping?!

southwalesgt

Member +
Hi there

About a month ago I fitted an induction kit to my 93 GT, but I didnt like the wastegate flutter sound coming from it. Its seemed to replace my dump valve pssssssh noise.

So I removed it last night and fitted my standard airbox and k+n panel filter back on, took it for a spin just now for a few miles and couldnt get it to dump at all. Its just a baileys dump valve and before it used to dump pretty much everytime I came off the accelerator.

What could be causing this? Ive checked the pipes from/to valve and they seem fine. Would it have seized whilst I had the induction kit on?

Any help would be appreciated.

durmz

Member +
Hi there

About a month ago I fitted an induction kit to my 93 GT, but I didnt like the wastegate flutter sound coming from it. Its seemed to replace my dump valve pssssssh noise.

So I removed it last night and fitted my standard airbox and k+n panel filter back on, took it for a spin just now for a few miles and couldnt get it to dump at all. Its just a baileys dump valve and before it used to dump pretty much everytime I came off the accelerator.

What could be causing this? Ive checked the pipes from/to valve and they seem fine. Would it have seized whilst I had the induction kit on?

Any help would be appreciated.

have u checked the spring in the dump valve? ie took it off and shuvved ure thumb up there?

checked the vacuum line is still on the back of it?

TurboDave

Member +
Try some thicker vacuum pipe or buy some fuel hose.

The thin crappy pipe can implode on itself and stop the vacuum reaching the bov.

Are you running a FMIC if so what one?

southwalesgt

Member +
Standard tmic, only mods are dump valve and polish/ported head! I think i'll leave it as it is for now, see if it starts dumping more after a few days. Cos when I had the induction kit on there it wasnt dumping at all, just chatter through induction kit. Its weird cos before I fitted Induction kit it dumped all the time

Last edited:

southwalesgt

Member +
On the way to work this morning the dump valve was going off as usual, think it just needed a bit of pursuation to get it going again!

Cheers guys